Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben or no Ben that was some terrible offense tonight

Bookmark and Share
    Not making excuses here. The weather before the game when ESPN was doing the MNF countdown, looked ******. As sson as I saw the wind/rain I thought it would be a low scoring game. Thats what we got. Defense stepped up when called upon besides the 4th and 15. Otherwise they played very well. Hood got man handled throughout the game but towards the end he stepped up on a few plays. Can the real Oline please stand up though, especially the run blocking game.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    False. Ziggy Hood was getting blown off the ball. There's a reason why they ran to the right 750 straight plays. That was absolutely disgusting. There's no reason he should be starting.
    Agree Big T.....I mean Heyward or Woods couldn't do any worse.....lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I believe we are being a little hard on a guy who has not played for three years. The entire O sucked tonight and blaming Lefty is over the top. His numbers were comparable to Ben's and his 3rd down throw to Cotch was huge.

The question I have is why did they forget about Heath after he had a killer first two drives. I do not believe they threw it his way at all the rest of the game.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    Leftbitch
    That's a bit harsh.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I believe we are being a little hard on a guy who has not played for three years. The entire O sucked tonight and blaming Lefty is over the top. His numbers were comparable to Ben's and his 3rd down throw to Cotch was huge.
    Agreed. He could have been a lot worse. Handled himself pretty well tonight.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Completely agree with you. I noticed how awful the offense was even with Ben. It was mostly the run game just flat out sucking. We run the ball perfectly last week against the Super Bowl champs and now this week we are getting stuffed 9 times out of 10 by the Chiefs defense. The inability to run the ball made Ben throw a little more than I would have liked in the rain. It just didn't look good. Play calling was the big thing i noticed too.

Ben or no Ben that was some terrible offense tonight

I said this before the game, they have a great pass rush and a new inspired DC, they gave us fits. With that said yes, Haley **** the bed last night, and everyone saw the real Redman, a lazy *** runner with no vision...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I said this before the game, they have a great pass rush and a new inspired DC, they gave us fits. With that said yes, Haley **** the bed last night, and everyone saw the real Redman, a lazy *** runner with no vision...
    If Dwyer had actually done something other than one decent run, I would agree. However, he could not get anything going either. It was a miserable performance by the entire offense.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    If Dwyer had actually done something other than one decent run, I would agree. However, he could not get anything going either. It was a miserable performance by the entire offense.
    Don't just put that on Redman. Not like Dwyer had a 100 yard 2 TD game either.

My Mood
    Addicted
    In fact, statistically Dwyer and Redman did about the same. Around 2.5 YPC.

Thread Information