Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Andy Reid the victim?

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville

Is Andy Reid the victim?

With all this talk about Andy Reid being the most over-rated coach, lost his mind, etc........ you have to ask just how deep the Vick reconstruction project goes in the NFL.

To my knowledge, there has never been another "bad guy" in the NFL who was taken on by the NFL as a reclamation project. Vick was coddled and mentored, babysat, favored, and forgiven. Tony Dungee was paid to mentor Vick and make sure he got back in to the NFL with an improved image. SINCE WHEN IS THE NFL IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING SURE A CRIMINAL GETS BACK TO THE NFL WITH AN IMPROVED IMAGE? NOBODY WAS PAID TO WATCH OVER RAY LEWIS!

Vick was never a good QB yet he was hand carried back to the door of stardom.....why? And how deep is this bull ****....why was Vick given an elite contract in the NFL when he has never been good....let alone elite? Does Andy Reid play Vick because it would be a CLM (Career Limiting Move) to bench the NFL poster child? It's like firing the company owners nephew......you're phukt!

We know Andy Reid messed around with McNaab who was another highly over-rated QB but he was at least good enough to make people wonder, Vick has never been any more than an "exciting seat filler".

Just how immoral is the NFL?
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Man back when Vick was in Atlanta about 7 years ago, he was a huge seller there, people buying his jerseys, dome filling up.

He also got them to the NFC championship game one season.

My Mood
    Addicted
    yeah, Vick was pretty damn good when he was with the Falcons

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I disagree......I used to watch him and ask myself if I would want him on the team I root for and I could never say yes because he was exciting as hell but he couldn't beat good, physical, defenses and he could beat good teams.

When he was "exciting" in Atlanta, you have to keep in mind he didn't play too many great teams, the NFC back then was a powder puff conference.

I'd be curious to see his record against playoff teams, winning teams, AFC playoff teams, etc.
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Andy Reid built this team into what it is, or isn't depending on how you look at it. He is tied to the hip with Vick. The defense, they just flat fell apart when Jimmy Johnson passed away, and have never been the same since.

No coach is a victim of what they built though; you live and die in the NFL based on personnel decisions every year.

It is Mcnabb's fault. Always was. Now that he is gone, look at how good they are. Obvioulsy Reid was/is brilliant.

Is Andy Reid the victim?

Walrus is an idiot! Too many Indians not enough chiefs! Vick should of never been the starter, problem is they don't have that guy now! Vick will sink him and the team!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Andy has had some very hood olines and running backs to go with the line but flat out refused to run the ball. He's always been a pass first guy no matter the situation.

Last year he took a fairly good oline coach and made him defensive co-ordinator now this year he uses the guy as a scape goat and fires him.

You can't turn the ball over 5 times a game and expect to win and it's apparent blaming the defense for their troubles hasen't helped.

In my book Andy is a piece of s#%t millionaire that could have afforded to take time off and take care of him family instead of taking care of Michael Vick.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Andy Reid isn't a victim. 32 teams could have taken Vick, the Eagles did because Andy Reid think he's some great QB coach that he's not. I'd guess he figured he could make Vick into a champion and would go down as this great coach and McNabb would take the blame for the previous 12 years. Just like some on here blame Kordell and not Cowher for the 90's. The NFL has no control or influence of that. Reid just continues to make mid boggling decision after decision. Not to mention he's probably the most arrogant coach when talking to reporters and fans that I ever heard. Not arrogant like the Jets leader, more like he talks down to everyone like they are stupid. I certainly wouldn't classify him the same way Jpele does, but he's certainly far from being a victim.
    Last edited by LarryNJ; 11-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Michael Vick was a running back playing QB in Atlanta. He shattered the mold of the NFL QB and that's why he was exciting and a big seller. He had one season throwing for over 2500 yards in ATL and never threw 3000. 2010 was his best season as a pro, going over 3000 yards and throwing 21 TDs to 6 INTs. That was the first time he looked like he could actually throw a football. Last season he reverted back to his inconsistent play and turnovers, and he's gotten worse. Vick was great in 2010, he really was. That's why he got his contract. Anyone who just watches highlights would think that it's all Vick's fault, but it's not. He's obviously done a poor job holding on to the football, but that offensive line is the absolute worst in the NFL. They aren't giving him a shot. Not to mention that defense full of talent is putrid. Offensive line issues, defensive issues, coaching issues... That's on Andy Reid, not Vick.

"Just how immoral is the NFL?"... Pretty ridiculous question all around if I'm being completely honest.

Thread Information