Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers get a lot of help today to improve their playoff positioning...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    texans-hater

The Steelers get a lot of help today to improve their playoff positioning...

The Steelers indeed do get some help today in terms of gaining a 2 game lead on the teams closest to them in the chase for one of those two wildcard spots. Even though the Bengals did end up beating the Giants today and are now 4-5 the Steelers still own the head to head tiebraker over them. Also, both the Chargers and Dolphins who both came into today at 4-4 lose and both fall to 4-5 and even though the Titans win and improve to 4-6 the Steelers still own a two game lead on them. So with all that being said, assuming the Steelers win tomorrow night against the Chiefs and improve to 6-3 they will have a 2 games lead over 3 teams that are 4-5 the Chargers,Dolphins,and Bengals. A 2.5 game lead on the Titans who are now 4-6 and assuming both the Bills and Jets lose today will have a 3 game lead on those 2 teams. So the Steelers didnt play today but as long as they win tomorrow night against the Chiefs their odds of at least getting a wildcard playoff spot got a lot better this weekend...

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    "assuming both the Bills and Jets lose today" quote from Troysabeast_43.... Half way there on this one. Bills choke.

And their fans.

Veteran
    Steelers were not helped by Baltimore and Cincy. The only playoff positioning they should be shooting for is the division.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Steelers were not helped by Baltimore and Cincy. The only playoff positioning they should be shooting for is the division.
    No they werent but I am not going to look ahead to passing up the Ravens and starting to focus on winning this division and maybe getting a bye week until the Steelers beat the Ravens next Sunday at home. The Bengals winning yesterday isnt that big of a deal because the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker over them and are still games up on them in the standings. The main focus at this point before these 2 Ravens games is to put yourself in position to at least get one of the 2 wildcard spots. And with the Chargers,Dolphins,Bills,and Jets all losing yesterday and even though the Bengals and Titans both won the Steelers are still 2 games up on both of them the Steelers road to a playoff spot got a little bit easier yesterday.

The Steelers get a lot of help today to improve their playoff positioning...

Lets hope the broncos start losing, I don't want to have to go there to play a PO game!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Lets hope the broncos start losing, I don't want to have to go there to play a PO game!
    no shiite! ..right from my TV screen Denver actually looks like a tough place to play -thats regardless of R Clarke factor , - i'd rather go to Foxborough , Balt , or Houston...

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    We just need to take care of our own business. Can't overlook the Chiefs and then
    smack the Rats when they come to town. We're starting to gel at the right time and
    getting back some playmakers will be an added bonus. I don't care who looks "great"
    one week etc... The NFL week to week is crazy unpredictable.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    we need these next 4 games. Period.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Finally the football gods are at least not completely hating us and we're gaining ground now on the rest of the conference. The best path to the post season is win the AFC North so we need to keep this momentum going tonight. No hiccups, no stupid plays that cost us the game. Go out there tonight and take care of business.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I agree. No more Denver trips.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information