Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When Polamalu comes back...

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I wish Troy would just retire....lol I really could careless if Troy does comeback......

Bottom line he is still a player that coaches game plan for. He is incredible hands and instincts and obviously does not play a traditional safety position.

I hope he comes back healthy and makes a difference this year. Beyond 2013, I truly wonder if he will be a starter or have retired.

Steelers are a much better footbal team with Troy out there.

Veteran
    Start? Are you crazy? Why would we want the best defensive player on the team, not to mention an all-time great player, to start when he's healthy!!!! Where would the logic possibly be in that!!!!

People want Troy to retire? They think he won't be any good and will re injure himself? Yeah, Troy had such a terrible career in Pittsburgh, we should cut him right now.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Start? Are you crazy? Why would we want the best defensive player on the team, not to mention an all-time great player, to start when he's healthy!!!! Where would the logic possibly be in that!!!!
    Well said.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    People want Troy to retire? They think he won't be any good and will re injure himself? Yeah, Troy had such a terrible career in Pittsburgh, we should cut him right now.
    Nobody said he had a terrible career but I don't live in the past...Just like when Hines was done last year...Thanks for the memories but when its over its over for a player......Really how can anybody count on Troy going forward?.....As for cutting Troy if he isn't willing to take a pay cut next year then yea he should be cut...Noway you can a player that much money if he is going to miss a ton of games.....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Nobody said he had a terrible career but I don't live in the past...Just like when Hines was done last year...Thanks for the memories but when its over its over for a player......
    Dude, get a clue. Troy is far from done. This defense is on a completely different level when he's in there than when he's not. He's just having bad luck with injuries right now. Hines, on the other hand, was 4th or 5th on the depth chart and it was time to hang em up. Two totally and completely different situations.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Dude, get a clue. Troy is far from done. This defense is on a completely different level when he's in there than when he's not. He's just having bad luck with injuries right now. Hines, on the other hand, was 4th or 5th on the depth chart and it was time to hang em up. Two totally and completely different situations.
    Oh since I don't butt worship Troy like you do then I need to get a clue....Far from done?.......I would say Troy's career is on the decline.......The only reason I mentioned Hines is the fact players come and go and the great Troy Polamalu is no different....I don't live in the past like some of you do in our fanbase....Just like some of the old farts that can't let the 70s go.......

Bad luck with injuries....I think you need the clue since father time catches up with all players especially players with Troy's style of play......Could it be possible his body is breaking down instead of bad luck?....Troy was so much of a factor in the play-off loss to the Tebow Broncos are even against Rodgers and in the Pack in Super Bowl XLV.....But hey you still have your 2008 highlight dvd to keep your memories alive when Troy was actually that much of a factor for this team.....lol Keep living in the past.......

Veteran
    Is Troy on the decline? Yes, I think you can say that. Is it anywhere near a Hines situation? Not even remotely close. Is his body breaking down? You could make that argument, sure; but is a calf injury really a sign of a breaking down body?

But that doesn't change the fact that when he's healthy, he's still an excellent safety and the defense is on a completely different level with him than without. He's far from done.

Pay him a million a year, get another safety and let Head and Shoulders pay the rest of his expenses.

Thread Information