Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Redman or Dwyer?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    It was obvious how good Woodson was. It is not obvious in anyway that Mendy is better then Dwyer. So..the front office will make a decision on who they feel is the best for the team going forward. When they let Mendy go, it's because they feel that Dwyer is just as good or better. In this particular situation, it's that simple.

I'll end it on that note. Because it's all repetitive now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    It was obvious how good Woodson was. It is not obvious in anyway that Mendy is better then Dwyer. So..the front office will make a decision on who they feel is the best for the team going forward. When they let Mendy go, it's because they feel that Dwyer is just as good or better. In this particular situation, it's that simple.

I'll end it on that note. Because it's all repetitive now.
    I heard your retreat bugle from here.

Yes, it is obvious that Woodson was better, which shoots your original statement (that who a team keeps indicates who they think is better)all to he!!.

You being so cocksure that a back with fewer career starts than fingers on one hand is better than one who has produced over full seasons (with a TERRIBLE OL) is as absurd as comparing Mendy to AP or Foster. Then again, you did that too.

In fact, you provided a PRESEASON GAME as "proof" that your baby daddy was better, so I should not be surprised.

If Dwyer ends up better-and he may-it will not be because of any astute analysis on your part but because of dumb luck-emphasis on "dumb."
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Dude, do you speak in anything but logical fallacies? False choices, straw men, red herrings, you have them all. No one is saying that Mendy is Foster or AP. Many are not even saying that Mendy is better than Dwyer (your merely subjective "evidence" that Dwyer is better notwithstanding). If you cannot see that teams, especially the Steelers, let better players go in free agency ALL THE TIME for cheaper alternatives, then you are completely delusional. Letting Mendy go this offseason does NOT necessarily mean that the FO believes Dwyer is better even if he is your baby daddy. Heck, he has not even beaten out Redman in Tomlin's eyes yet or they would not be sharing snaps this week.

Who was better than Woodson when he left? Eric Green? Mike Merriweather? The Steelers do not overpay (or even pay market) when they have so much depth at a position.

Yes, it is obvious that Woodson was better, which shoots your original statement (that who a team keeps indicates who they think is better)all to he!!.

You being so cocksure that a back with fewer career starts than fingers on one hand is better than one who has produced over full seasons (with a TERRIBLE OL) is as absurd as comparing Mendy to AP or Foster. Then again, you did that too.

In fact, you provided a PRESEASON GAME as "proof" that your baby daddy was better, so I should not be surprised.

If Dwyer ends up better-and he may-it will not be because of any astute analysis on your part but because of dumb luck-emphasis on "dumb."
    Both of these.^^

The only thing that is sure, is that Real Deal loves the sound of his own voice.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

There is no retreat okay you retard.

The Woodson matter is in no way the same as the the Mendy/Dwyer situation. Apples and Oranges you idiot.
    The only person in this room who is dumb is you. Because in reality (and reality is all that matters) the better man wins. You can spin it any way you want to help you feel better about your stupid beliefs but the fact is that I called this TWO YEARS AGO when Dwyer was drafted. So that blows your "dumb luck" theory out the water.

I'm done with this topic because the bottom line is that I called it. From the drafting of Dwyer. As for you Tarlsqtr, since you want to get personal, why don't you go back to your trailer home and sit and have conversation with your mom, who's probably your cousin (inbreeding) and continue to talk about your old dead dog. Or whatever you country hicks talk about. Gzzz

I'm out. On to the next topic.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    When virtually the entire thread feels you are wrong, it is time for some self-reflection.

You keep saying "the better man wins", but NFL salary cap history-especially with the Steelers-is littered with "better men" that ended up on other teams.

Your entire MO on this board is to declare your opinion as "fact" and "reality." Get the dictionary out from under your couch leg and compare the definitions of "fact" and "opinion."

"Inbreeding" is the best you can do? Really? I'll compare my two Masters degrees to your "edumucation" any day.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information