Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Redman or Dwyer?

Bookmark and Share
    “Rashard is the complete package -- power, speed, explosiveness,” Wilson said. “He is the guy who can take a 10-yard run and make people miss and get 20 more. We think Jonathan has things that he is great at. Isaac has some things that he is great at. But Rashard is the complete package. Rashard has proved that he can do it over the long haul.”
    Sure sounds a lot like me doesn't it? Lol. Hey Real Deal Steel, not to get this whole ordeal started up again, but do you remember what you've always said? I can't remember exactly what you've said but it was something along the lines of the coaches know more than we do and their words/actions will show who's ultimately right/wrong in a lot of our debates...

I mean, I feel like Kirby Wilson knows more about our RBs than you and I combined. Wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by Big T; 11-08-2012 at 12:36 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I have always said that I believe the RB talent is ranked as follows: Mendy, Dwyer, Redman. I believe the carrys should be allocated based on that, health considered.

That being said, with the improvement of the O-Line, I don't see Mendy with the Steelers next year. I hope I'm wrong on that, but I just get a feeling that he's(Mendy) gone.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I have always said that I believe the RB talent is ranked as follows: Mendy, Dwyer, Redman. I believe the carrys should be allocated based on that, health considered.

That being said, with the improvement of the O-Line, I don't see Mendy with the Steelers next year. I hope I'm wrong on that, but I just get a feeling that he's(Mendy) gone.
    Agreed.

Dwyer is the starter, Redman is short yardage and goal line: bit other sit when Menendhall is ready

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    With that said..that will end the debates of who's better Dwyer/Mendy and Wallace/Brown. The front office will decide.
    That's not true at all. Rod Woodson was probably still our best DB when he left but he was not the best VALUE. He was going to earn more (from someone) than the Steelers were willing to pay him. The same is true of your examples above. If Wallace leaves, it is not necessarily because they think Brown to be better. Steelers history since the salary cap is littered with pro bowlers who were let go not because they had a better replacement but because they had one who gave more value.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Frustrated
    If Dwyer is able to go then definitely give him the bulk of the carries. Until he shows me that hes not the hot hand anymore then keep handing it off to him. Redman will be great to throw in the mix when Dwyer comes out

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Sure sounds a lot like me doesn't it? Lol. Hey Real Deal Steel, not to get this whole ordeal started up again, but do you remember what you've always said? I can't remember exactly what you've said but it was something along the lines of the coaches know more than we do and their words/actions will show who's ultimately right/wrong in a lot of our debates...

I mean, I feel like Kirby Wilson knows more about our RBs than you and I combined. Wouldn't you agree?
    What is he suppose to say at this point? That in fact Dwyer is better? So then there is disruption in the locker room? He's saying the PC thing right now. And I wouldn't want him to say any different. But in the off-season, you'll see BY THE ACTIONS OF THE FRONT OFFICE who is really the better guy.

Mendy isn't the better RB. Dances too much. Fumbles too much. The only thing he has better then Dwyer is straight line speed. When Mendy is gone next year, you'll have amnesia about what your saying. That's why I've captured it.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKandGOLD View Post
    If Dwyer is able to go then definitely give him the bulk of the carries. Until he shows me that hes not the hot hand anymore then keep handing it off to him. Redman will be great to throw in the mix when Dwyer comes out
    I'd like to see them use Dwyer between the 20's and then bring redman in on the redzone carries. Just a thought.

No amnesia here. I've always been a Mendenhall fan and always will be. As well as Dwyer. Mendenhall may not be here next season but it won't be because Dwyer is better. It'll be because Dwyer and Redman will be cheaper, and can get the job done behind this O line that has been dominating the run game.

There never is an answer for you. If Mendy was really better, the front office would find a way to keep him. When all the things are put on the table, overall, Dwyer is the better runningback. I don't hate Mendy. I like him too. But Dwyer is just the better runningback.

Thread Information