Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Redman or Dwyer?

Bookmark and Share
    Mendy is in no position to look for big money, but I do see your point.

yeah just cause mendenhall was a first round pick doenst mean he'll demand big money, hes a good back but hes not going to demand top dollar

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Now of course I'd like to keep them all. But we know how realistic that is in a salary cap world.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Question, why does it HAVE to be Dwyer. Redman had a 100+ yard game against a dominant defense.
    Babe, you know Ive been a Redman supporter for awhile. I just think Dwyer has a little more athletic ability than Red. I think the combo of Dwyer/Red would be a great duo to wear down defenses. Then having Rainey be the Mewelde Moore type special back. I think Dwyer and Red should be about 60/40 for carries, that is IF we dont resign Mendenhall which could be a possibility.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Babe, you know Ive been a Redman supporter for awhile. I just think Dwyer has a little more athletic ability than Red. I think the combo of Dwyer/Red would be a great duo to wear down defenses. Then having Rainey be the Mewelde Moore type special back. I think Dwyer and Red should be about 60/40 for carries, that is IF we dont resign Mendenhall which could be a possibility.
    I'm not not quite understanding the logic. Dwyer produced one game, Redman produced the same if not more the next game. For the Chiefs, play Redman and make sure Dwyer is completely healthy. For the Ravens, if Mendy isn't back (I don't really know his status because I don't care about him anymore), split the carries 50/50. Simple.

I'm not not quite understanding the logic. Dwyer produced one game, Redman produced the same if not more the next game. For the Chiefs, play Redman and make sure Dwyer is completely healthy. For the Ravens, if Mendy isn't back (I don't really know his status because I don't care about him anymore), split the carries 50/50. Simple.
    You do know Dwyer was the first Steelers RB to have back-to-back 100y games since Willie Parker a looong time ago right? Id say that is producing in more than one game.

Either way, I agree that they could share the load. I would prefer Dwyer as the primary runner though. I just think he is the better RB, even though Redman had a great game.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    You do know Dwyer was the first Steelers RB to have back-to-back 100y games since Willie Parker a looong time ago right? Id say that is producing in more than one game.

Either way, I agree that they could share the load. I would prefer Dwyer as the primary runner though. I just think he is the better RB, even though Redman had a great game.
    Semantics!!

Yeah I forgot about that. I say give Redman all the carries on Monday and he'd definitely rack up over 100 yards as well, though.

He has only produced "one" game. His past two "starts" he has averaged over 6ypc with no more than 17 attempts at running the ball.

Redman or Dwyer?

Both!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Redman or Dwyer?

Here is a article on this question, it may or may not clear it up lol

Steelers' Mendenhall to start when healthy

By Jamison Hensley | Nov 8, 2012 12:44 AM
    Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson knows who will be Pittsburgh's starting back and it's not one of the players who has gained more than 100 yards over the past three weeks.

Rashard Mendenhall will remain the Steelers' starting running back when he's recovered from an Achilles injury. According to The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, he is likely another week away from playing.

Mendenhall
    “Rashard has always been our lead dog and our top runner,” Wilson told the paper.

The Steelers have put together a productive ground game without Mendenhall. Jonathan Dwyer had consecutive 100-yard rushing games before missing Sunday with a quad injury. Isaac Redman rushed for a career-high 147 yards last Sunday.

Head coach Mike Tomlin said earlier this week that the running back who is having the most success during the game will get the ball the most. The first opportunity, according to Wilson, will go to Mendenhall, who had 101 total yards on Oct. 7 against Philadelphia (his only full game this season).

“Rashard is the complete package -- power, speed, explosiveness,” Wilson said. “He is the guy who can take a 10-yard run and make people miss and get 20 more. We think Jonathan has things that he is great at. Isaac has some things that he is great at. But Rashard is the complete package. Rashard has proved that he can do it over the long haul.”

I would've stuck with Dwyer based on his recent success and his running style. Dwyer became the first Steelers running back in four seasons to gain 100 yards in back-to-back games. He's earned the right to get the first shot at starting when everyone is healthy.

Another reason to go with Dwyer is he's a combination of Mendenhall and Redman. Dwyer can break long runs to the outside like Mendenhall and gain the tough yards in between the tackles like Redman. Mendenhall has a tendency to be impatient and wants to bounce runs to the outside too quickly.

There's a chance that the Steelers could go with a running back by committee. But offensive tackle Max Starks said this week that the offensive line favors one featured back because the blockers can get into a rhythm.

The Steelers may not have to make a decision about Mendenhall, who is considered questionable for Monday night's game against the Chiefs. Dwyer has a good shot at playing after being inactive last Sunday.
    Me personally, I would rather see Dwyer as the primary with Redman spelling him. Dwyer has definitely earned it. We need to go with what is working, let Mendy rest up for the playoffs.
    Last edited by DIESELMAN; 11-08-2012 at 12:08 PM.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information