Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redman or Dwyer?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Blitzburgh_Mike's Avatar

Redman or Dwyer?

Assuming Dwyer is healthy to play this week (as well as assuming Mendenhall will be out again this week), who do you think will get the bulk of the carries? I believe that it probably should go to Dwyer, but I could easily see Haley splitting the carries 50/50. Who do you think will/should get the start?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Dwyer.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

It HAS to be Dwyer. He deserves the starting Job for now. He has been steady the past few weeks besides last week(injury). Red will mget some of the load, maybe about 12 carries or so depending on how much they want to run the ball. I think Reds struggles at the beggining of the year were due to the lack of push the Oline was getting off the ball. People made a big deal when Mendy came back but I think even Mendy wouldnt have been able to run behind that Oline the first 3 weeks or so of the season.

Dwyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This will be a question for not only this week but for the rest of the year. When Mendy comes back do you start him? Who gets the bulk of the carries until then, JD or IRed? I still say you go with the hot hand, and always go with the hot hand. The NFL shouldn't guarantee you your job back when you get hurt; mainly in cases where there is no clear cut starter. Obviously an elite QB is a different story for example, but there is no clear cut, head n shoulders above the rest RB right now. They've all done well in spot duty but nobody can stay healthy long enough to put anything more than 2 games together.

Remember earlier this year, Redman and Dwyer played together and neither one of them was productive. Hopefully things are different now as both are likely the main guys again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    This will be a question for not only this week but for the rest of the year. When Mendy comes back do you start him? Who gets the bulk of the carries until then, JD or IRed? I still say you go with the hot hand, and always go with the hot hand. The NFL shouldn't guarantee you your job back when you get hurt; mainly in cases where there is no clear cut starter. Obviously an elite QB is a different story for example, but there is no clear cut, head n shoulders above the rest RB right now. They've all done well in spot duty but nobody can stay healthy long enough to put anything more than 2 games together.

Remember earlier this year, Redman and Dwyer played together and neither one of them was productive. Hopefully things are different now as both are likely the main guys again.
    If Dwyer runs this week like he did against Cincy, Mendenhall will be the second back for the rest of the year.

IMO, they are both similar in running styles, it comes down to who is a better pass protector (blitz pick up), who is healthier, who takes better care of the ball, who is better as a receiver out of the backfield? If it is a tie, then they should split carries. Provided the Steelers are comfortably ahead, I split the carries equally between them - maybe 15 to 20 each.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Question, why does it HAVE to be Dwyer. Redman had a 100+ yard game against a dominant defense.

There is no clear cut starter; it has been healthiest guy plays week to week. If/when Mendy is ready to play, IMO, he should get the nod to start. . .No Wally Pipps here -

Funny thing about Redman and Dwyer is they both earned playing time with their recent play, so I go with whoever does the little things better plays more snaps (pass block, blitz pickup, etc).

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I've already gone on record as saying Dwyer is better then Mendy as an overall runningback.

Mendy and Wallace will be looking for big money. The Front office will determine their value to this team in the off-season. We have a plethara of wide receivers and runningbacks so I don't see either being resigned for big money.

With that said..that will end the debates of who's better Dwyer/Mendy and Wallace/Brown. The front office will decide.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Question, why does it HAVE to be Dwyer. Redman had a 100+ yard game against a dominant defense.
    there is nothing dominant about the giants defense except their pass rush

they are going to be a classic RBBC from here out and i doesnt matter whos running if the oline is moving peopler like they are

Thread Information