Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Redman or Dwyer?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Starter SnakeEyes43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    1,337
    On paper, and if Mendy is healthy, he and Dwyer are like a dream team. We just can't get both healthy at the same time.

    And yes, I see Mendy going elsewhere next year.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

  2. #32
    Draft Pick BLACKandGOLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Edinboro, PA
    Posts
    203
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I'd like to see them use Dwyer between the 20's and then bring redman in on the redzone carries. Just a thought.
    I do like Redman in the redzone. Dwyer has a better chance of breaking a big one and then Redman can do the dirty work in short yardage

  3. #33
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    If the front office always found a way to keep the best player, then Woodson, Plaxico, Holmes............would have all retired/still be with the Steelers. The front offices of all NFL teams, and all sports teams don't/can't always keep the better player. To make this argument is foolish.

  4. #34
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    If the front office always found a way to keep the best player, then Woodson, Plaxico, Holmes............would have all retired/still be with the Steelers. The front offices of all NFL teams, and all sports teams don't/can't always keep the better player. To make this argument is foolish.
    Look, you can be the Mendy supporter all you want. That's great. But I gave specifics why Mendy isn't better then Dwyer. And I stand by them. If they felt Mendy was all that, they could find a way to sign him. But because Dwyer is better and less expensive, it's a no brainer. To think anything else..is foolish.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  5. #35
    Starter coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The great white North
    Posts
    1,532
    I want to see the O-Line dominate and just punish teams and tell them that we are going to run and you cant stop us until you bring 8 in the box; then then send all your speed at WR down the field and punish the DBS. I dont care if we run it all day and alternate both backs every other play. The result is all I care for. I was loving that performance against the Giants on the road. 5 or 6 games ago, I didnt think that was possible. Just keep improving the run game.

  6. #36
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    I agree. Just run the damn ball man!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #37
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Look, you can be the Mendy supporter all you want. That's great. But I gave specifics why Mendy isn't better then Dwyer. And I stand by them. If they felt Mendy was all that, they could find a way to sign him. But because Dwyer is better and less expensive, it's a no brainer. To think anything else..is foolish.
    You're wrong. Every year teams let better players go, because they are deemed too expensive, not because the player they keep is better. Period

  8. #38
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Fine. Whatever gets you through the nite. But I don't see other teams letting their best runningback go. Hahahahahahaha. Guess the Vikings are going to let AP go next. I guess the new contract that Arian Foster just got is a mirage too. Hahahahaaha.

    Those runningbacks are kept because their the best runningbacks on those teams. So why is Mendy going to be allowed to walk? Because he isn't the best on this team.

    Whatever gets you through the nite homes.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #39
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Fine. Whatever gets you through the nite. But I don't see other teams letting their best runningback go. Hahahahahahaha. Guess the Vikings are going to let AP go next. I guess the new contract that Arian Foster just got is a mirage too. Hahahahaaha.

    Those runningbacks are kept because their the best runningbacks on those teams. So why is Mendy going to be allowed to walk? Because he isn't the best on this team.

    Whatever gets you through the nite homes.
    It doesnt really matter what happens, we can run without Mendy also. Next man up as Tomlin would say
    Last edited by steelchamp204; 11-11-2012 at 02:00 AM.

  10. #40
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,342
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Fine. Whatever gets you through the nite. But I don't see other teams letting their best runningback go. Hahahahahahaha. Guess the Vikings are going to let AP go next. I guess the new contract that Arian Foster just got is a mirage too. Hahahahaaha.

    Those runningbacks are kept because their the best runningbacks on those teams. So why is Mendy going to be allowed to walk? Because he isn't the best on this team.

    Whatever gets you through the nite homes.
    Dude, do you speak in anything but logical fallacies? False choices, straw men, red herrings, you have them all. No one is saying that Mendy is Foster or AP. Many are not even saying that Mendy is better than Dwyer (your merely subjective "evidence" that Dwyer is better notwithstanding). If you cannot see that teams, especially the Steelers, let better players go in free agency ALL THE TIME for cheaper alternatives, then you are completely delusional. Letting Mendy go this offseason does NOT necessarily mean that the FO believes Dwyer is better even if he is your baby daddy. Heck, he has not even beaten out Redman in Tomlin's eyes yet or they would not be sharing snaps this week.

    Who was better than Woodson when he left? Eric Green? Mike Merriweather? The Steelers do not overpay (or even pay market) when they have so much depth at a position.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mendenhall, Redman, or Dwyer...who should start?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
  2. Redman vs Dwyer.. 33 still not sure when he'll be back to full speed
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 03:01 PM
  3. Stable of Backs? Redman and/or Dwyer at FB-ish
    By StillinBaltimore in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 12:49 PM
  4. Steelers Redman and Dwyer combo, it's a keeper
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 06:25 PM
  5. Is it just me or does Dwyer resemble THE BUS or what !
    By Katmandu in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •