Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you double Dewayne Bowe or simply focus on Jamaal Charles?

Bookmark and Share
    Charles is a much better runner than Cassel is a passer so I say stop Charles and bracket Bowe the way the Steelers bracketed AJ Green. This not a sell out to stop the run defense like they played vs Tebow last year, but the emphasis should be on stopping the run and getting pressure in Cassel's face.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's no way Cassel can put this team on his shoulder and carry them to a win without Charles running the ball effectively. Jamaal is a much better runner than Benjarvus Green Ellis so they have to be careful about him but overall the two teams are very similar. The Chiefs are like the Bengals in that they have a good RB, 1 good WR, and 1 good TE. The gameplan they used against Cincy should work nicely against KC.

At the beginning of the game I would focus on Charlies, but after we score on our first two positions, I would unlease the dogs on their QB

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    There's no way Cassel can put this team on his shoulder and carry them to a win without Charles running the ball effectively. Jamaal is a much better runner than Benjarvus Green Ellis so they have to be careful about him but overall the two teams are very similar. The Chiefs are like the Bengals in that they have a good RB, 1 good WR, and 1 good TE. The gameplan they used against Cincy should work nicely against KC.
    We spent tons of time in the dime against the Bengals because Green-Ellis couldnt beat us, Charles can as the Saints found out. I think the opposite game plan would work. Stay in the base defense as much as possible and go after Cassell.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I would definitely focus on stopping Charles. That kid is an explosive player and we can't let him get going. I think Ike can handle Dwayne Bowe...he shut down A.J. Green no problem earlier in the year. It's all about execution on his part.

2nd String
    Why not Put Keneen on Bowe all day and see if he's as good as guys are making him out to be? ... good way to see if he's ready to be that number 1

Thread Information