Thread: Chiefs Vs Steelers by the numbers

Bookmark and Share

Chiefs Vs Steelers by the numbers

Looking at these 2 teams, this matchup might not be as one sided as some think. Pittsburgh has a tendancy to play down to an opponent's level and at times, allow an inferior opponent to "hang around" (Oakland, Tennessee). By the numbers, with the exception of one glaring stat, this game should be a better match up than some might expect:

Offense:
    Steelers: Run - 104.9 (21) Pass - 262.4 (10) PPG - 23.9
    Chiefs: Run - 149.9 (3) Pass - 207.6 (25) PPG - 16.6

Defense:
    Steelers: Run - 88.6 (7) Pass - 174 (1) PPG - 20.5
    Chiefs: Run - 126 (22) Pass - 221.5 (13) PPG - 30

I believe the key to this game is simply contain Charles, don't allow any splash plays, and play / coach to win.

Not trying to make more of this than necessary, but it is clearly a game that the Steelers could overlook with Baltimore up next. Let's hope this is over by halftime and for once, we can enjoy a Steelers victory without having to sit by a defibrilator.

Chiefs Vs Steelers by the numbers

They have a decent pass rush as well and can create turnovers. This team cannot let up at all!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    i think, or at least, i hope that the steelers losing to both the raiders and titans, will not allow this them to take the chefs lightly.

plus being at home has to be a good advantage as well. this game could be a trap game, but i think they'll be focused!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I think this will be a blowout. Our own Mr. Haley will have the offense primed,after all he'll want to make a
    Statement.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I think its still going to be a lopsided win. We are hitting our prime at the right time and being at home will make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i think, or at least, i hope that the steelers losing to both the raiders and titans, will not allow this them to take the chefs lightly.

plus being at home has to be a good advantage as well. this game could be a trap game, but i think they'll be focused!
    I would be seriously concerned if this game wwas in KC.

Jpele, great point about Haley vs his old team. I just hope the Steelers knock the chiefs around like a tornado in a trailer park.

i just want to see the steelers jump out to a big lead and not let up all night!! don't go into that soft prevent defense that will let them back into it. they need to take over the game like they did against tennessee last season.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Double cover Dewayne Bowe if you have too, and focus on Charles. If you stop the run you stop the Chiefs because you know they are going to do whatever they can to get him going and try to slow down the pass rush.

This game doesn't scare me a bit on paper but last season there was no way Tyler Palko should have even been in the game as long as he was.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Pittsburgh has a tendancy to play down to an opponent's level and at times, allow an inferior opponent to "hang around" (Oakland, Tennessee).
    You can say that again. They have done this from time-to-time for years. I think the Steelers will win easily, but I will not be surprised at all if KC ends their streak of not leading in a game this year.

Thread Information