Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baby Ben. . .

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    With his paycheck I'm sure that it wouldn't matter much to him, but I assume he'd be fined some amount for willingly missing a game?

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    With his paycheck I'm sure that it wouldn't matter much to him, but I assume he'd be fined some amount for willingly missing a game?
    I personally dont care if Ben is fined for missing the game that is not my concern or the problem, my problem with him doing this if he happens to miss the Ravens game is his job as the face of this franchise is to win football games,get the Steelers to the playoffs, and have a chance to get to the Super Bowl and win it. That is his responsibility to the diehard Steelers fans who pay Ben's salary with all the money the Rooney's get from the Steelers Nation who some fans spend good money on season tickets year in and year out to see this team win football games and get to the playoffs and have a chance to win the Super Bowl.

By Ben making the decision to miss this game if it comes down to that since the game with Baltimore is extremely important and could ultimately determine if the Steelers win the division and get a bye week in the playoffs or just make the playoffs and have to go on the road is something not myself in particular but I am fairly certain other Steelers fans are going to have a big big problem with. And the bottom line is if the Steelers dont win the game next Sunday here at home with the Ravens they have absolutely ZERO CHANCE to win this division. This Steelers team is simply not good enough to beat a team like the Ravens or many other good teams in the AFC without Ben Roethlisberger playing.

My Mood
    Manic
    The Steelers would never fine ben for missing agame for the birth of his son what planet are you on? Many star players have asked permission to miss agame to witness the birth of there childeren there are federal laws garunteeing that employers grant time off for child birth and illness.

Contrary to the notion that we can't beat the Ravens without ben is nonsense it will be harder but not impossible have you seen there defense this year i could rush for a100 yards on them. The Ravens are 6-2 but not for long there second half schedule is tough not like there first 8 games cleveland and cincinnatti
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 11-10-2012 at 02:32 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    The Steelers would never fine ben for missing agame for the birth of his son what planet are you on? Many star players have asked permission to miss agame to witness the birth of there childeren there are federal laws garunteeing that employers grant time off for child birth and illness.

Contrary to the notion that we can't beat the Ravens without ben is nonsense it will be harder but not impossible have you seen there defense this year i could rush for a100 yards on them. The Ravens are 6-2 but not for long there second half schedule is tough not like there first 8 games cleveland and cincinnatti
    I totally agree with you. I love the steelers and bleed black & gold like everyone else, but I would never hold anything against Ben for wanting to see his first child born. I understand as diehard steeler fans, we want and need Ben to play to give us the best chance of winning these important games coming up. But, I can't blame him for wanting to be there for the birth of his baby. As Connecticutsteel said, we have quality backup quarterbacks to fill in. The other thing is, how would it effect Ben mentally to know that fans would bash him for not playing in a game due to his child being born. He should know that everyone wishes him the best. I, like some other's, will be praying for a healthy delivery and once this is over, hopefully Ben will be more focused than ever.

Draft Pick
    Maybe Ben's wife will pull a Mrs Ripken and have their kids on off days.

Thread Information