Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mike hundred million Wallace

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Their 1st 2 picks this upcoming draft, in no particular order should be OLB and SS.
    What about DT and LB?? Not that I'm arguing with you I"m just asking where do these other two positions fall in your pecking order?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    What about DT and LB?? Not that I'm arguing with you I"m just asking where do these other two positions fall in your pecking order?
    I think McLendon ahs done a fine job backing up Hamp and when the time comes he will be a solid starter. Thats why I think personally we are fine at the NT position. Ta'amu will be getting some reps next season if he can keep his head clear and focus on playing ball. I think we go Safety/LB/LB/Corner/DL.

My Mood
    Pimp

Mike hundred million Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    This is rediculous anymore with Wallace. Im just going to say this. This team is better with Wallace, they will be good without him if it happens. All I know is that if he goes to another team within the AFC, Im going to be pissed.

Wallace opens up the underneath for Brown/Heath/Sanders/Cotchey/Johson and company. Depending on what play it is, he can keep the extra guy out of the box. He is a threat. Also, none of us know how much he wants paid. I have never seen so much bashing of a player and it all comes down to because he held out and didnt show up for camp. People say "well, we were pissed because of how he ended the second half last year." Bullshit!
    ^^^WINNING ANSWER!!!

The bashing is ridiculous. He's on pace for more receptions than he's ever had...despite the "dropsies.". He's on pace for 10 TDs, his yardage will be down, but that's how the offense is going...

Hey, even if you are arguing with me, that's cool; right wrong or indifferent, won't ba any name calling from me. Anyway..........

Based on how Harrison and Troy have been injury plagued, I would say finding their replacements should be paramount if the talent is there in this upcoming draft. The OLB talent pool is deep in this year's draft, so might be worth looking at. I would lump MLB in there if there is a stud out there (Mante Teo perhaps?). I agree we don't need DT depth...Between McClendon, Woods and if Tamu gets his head out of his a$$, steelers could draft DT/DE depth in later rounds. Might have to grab a WR also, but not urgent. . .and also depends if Wallace moves on or stays.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    This is rediculous anymore with Wallace. Im just going to say this. This team is better with Wallace, they will be good without him if it happens. All I know is that if he goes to another team within the AFC, Im going to be pissed.

Wallace opens up the underneath for Brown/Heath/Sanders/Cotchey/Johson and company. Depending on what play it is, he can keep the extra guy out of the box. He is a threat. Also, none of us know how much he wants paid. I have never seen so much bashing of a player and it all comes down to because he held out and didnt show up for camp. People say "well, we were pissed because of how he ended the second half last year." Bullshit!
    Well, let me start by saying that Wallace is responsible for what his agent says. Period. So..when his agent asked for the moon from the 49ers, it got out. Spin it anyway you want but that's what happened. So we DO know what he was asking for.

Second, our WR corps would thrive very well WITHOUT him. And based on weather they want to give him the money or not will prove it. If they think he's as irreplaceable as you say, then they'll pay him. If the front office feels they have other speedsters on the roster (and they do) that can do just as well, they'll let him walk.

Third, we live in a world where people don't want to be accountable for their actions. With that said:

1. It was Wallace's actions of dissapearing the second half of last season that started the negativity toward him.

2. It was Wallace's actions of holding out that also made everyone assess his value to the team.

3. It was Wallace's agent that asked for the moon from the 49ers.

At some point, you have to stop making excuses for a grown *** man and the actions that he does that brings criticism to him.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not Wallace bashing. To say he isn't a good player is just flat out wrong. But to make these statements like our WR corps won't be successful without him is also wrong. We can live or live without him and still win Championships. He's not that important.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well, let me start by saying that Wallace is responsible for what his agent says. Period. So..when his agent asked for the moon from the 49ers, it got out. Spin it anyway you want but that's what happened. So we DO know what he was asking for.

Second, our WR corps would thrive very well WITHOUT him. And based on weather they want to give him the money or not will prove it. If they think he's as irreplaceable as you say, then they'll pay him. If the front office feels they have other speedsters on the roster (and they do) that can do just as well, they'll let him walk.

Third, we live in a world where people don't want to be accountable for their actions. With that said:

1. It was Wallace's actions of dissapearing the second half of last season that started the negativity toward him.

2. It was Wallace's actions of holding out that also made everyone assess his value to the team.

At some point, you have to stop making excuses for a grown *** man and the actions that he does that brings criticism to him.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not Wallace bashing. To say he isn't a good player is just flat out wrong. But to make these statements like our WR corps won't be successful without him is also wrong. We can live or live without him and still win Championships. He's not that important.
    this.

When did I ever say our WR's wouldnt be succesful if Wallace was not here?

1. With the hot first half that Wallace had, do you think defense's put there gameplan around him a little more? No matter how the end of the seaon was for Wallace, did he have a pretty good year? Yes.

2. Is Wallace worth more than $2.7 a year? Yes he is, not Fitz money, but maybe 8-9 mill a season. Did his absence from most of the offseason effect the team or him at all?No, he is second on the team with 5 td's only behind Heath.

3. If he does want Fitz money, you dont hear him bitching about it during the season, this whole contract situation could be a total mess right now if Wallace wanted to be a dick. He could have a huge game and say "this is why I want paid". Every week he does his job and you dont hear a peep out of him being butthurt because he didnt get paid this offseason. Wallace doesnt complain if he isnt targeted enough. For a guy who wants "Fitz" money, it sure doesnt look like he isnt bothered this season by not receiving a new contract.

Hell, someone said after the Giants game " did you see Wallace's inability to weave through traffic on that bubble screen to the outside? I guees that is what it has come down to, thats why this whole thing is sickening. I guees everyone missed him run a SLANT and just outrun everyone for a TD. For Mike not being as elusive as Brown is, he sure does find the endzone. Last time I checked, points win Ballgames.

I respect your opinion and in anyway not trying to start an argument here, but all this Wallace stuff is getting old. If Tomlin didnt say Wallace was a "one trick pony" then people wouldnt really of had a place to start on Wallace about. Then it turned into "well, he cant run routes." Lets see how the rest of this season plays out, remember with Haley, he is not as vertical as BA was. Lets see what happens here in a couple weeks once we start doing more play action, with the run game starting to really get ahead of steam.

As for AB and some people here. He is some sort of God. Our offense looked pretty damn good without AB in there also. He can be replaced just as easily as some people think Wallace can be replaced. I love AB, but this whole Wallace/AB, Wallace/Contract, Wallace/Fitz, Wallace/Drop, Wallace/let him go. Just enjoy the ****ing offense, I remember when all we did was run,run pass and couldnt wait to get some explosive receivers for Ben, now all of a sudden..............

Waterboy
    I am new here and in this thread & I MAY have skipped some pages... It's my first post here... (this is me waving HIYA).

I joined because I wanted to bitch about Wallace's dropped passes, but as a geek I read and learn and most importantly think.

As Steeler fans we are used to the unsung hero, the guy who gets no recognition but makes the play happen. Yes of course from the WR position it's Hines Ward we think of as a "STEELER", true to the bone a hard a$$ MF Player.
    It's why we love AB, hell our best cb back in the day (80's-90's day(s)) was also our best return guy (guess who ) ... Few starters get that job anymore as they are specialized and don't want to risk that player on special teams.

Let's face it "Dink-n-Dunk" is Haley's version of Bill Walsh's version of the West Coast Offense featuring Jerry Rice and some QB,(it didn't matter which one). This was to protect the QB (RB) and keep the linebackers in short coverage instead of attacking or to default a blitz then open up the running game.
    Defenses have changed and cover 2 is the most dominant and helps defeat the west coast offense and long passing games in theory and on the field

Here's the point.

Wallace is the #1 WR, gets double coverage, his abilities merit it, despite his lockout and our dislike of it.
    QB looks through their progressions and find someone open, period. Why were they open? why did that pass get there to that guy I don't have on my fantasy football team?

Football is a chess match and we are only half way there, eventually the field will be stretched by you know who and who gets the coverage.
    A WR is only good as the system and who it faces and who and and and...
    A case of the dropsies, horrible to watch, almost lady like by hearing footsteps....Not "Steeler" typical and it sucks.
    As long as someone is catching passes or running hella yards because of him, I don't care if he has another td, his speed is respected and once he gets his mojo back or taught to him, the Steelers will thrive. He's not an elite right now or ever will be, he just makes it work.

thank you. well said.

Just enjoy this year, that's all you can really do. Everyone seems to have their own opinion on this subject, but it's just starting to get tiresome. We have the WR core together now, and we all have zero control over what happens in the future. Just sit back, click on the game, crack a beer, and enjoy yourself. Go Steelers.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information