Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Mike hundred million Wallace

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok when have the Steelers have been major players in free agency so I wouldn't count on the Steelers signing any LBs, DEs, DBs.....Keep Wallace then use the draft to restock the defense.....The Steelers way has always been through the draft.....
    we didn't miss Plaxico, we didn't miss Santonio, we won't miss Santonio.

  2. #42
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    we didn't miss Plaxico, we didn't miss Santonio, we won't miss Santonio.
    That isn't the point Flame.......How about keeping Ben's most explosive WR around longer this time so the focus can be drafting mainly defense since the defense is old.......If Wallace walks then a WR is must in the draft again and probably within the first three rounds.....

  3. #43
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    That isn't the point Flame.......How about keeping Ben's most explosive WR around longer this time so the focus can be drafting mainly defense since the defense is old.......If Wallace walks then a WR is must in the draft again and probably within the first three rounds.....
    Something tells me Wallace isn't going anywhere, just a fat guy hunch. If he walked, Sanders would be the #2, Cotch the #3 and they would be drafting for depth. Their 1st 2 picks this upcoming draft, in no particular order should be OLB and SS.

  4. #44
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Something tells me Wallace isn't going anywhere, just a fat guy hunch. If he walked, Sanders would be the #2, Cotch the #3 and they would be drafting for depth. Their 1st 2 picks this upcoming draft, in no particular order should be OLB and SS.
    AB, Sanders, Cotchery is still a solid WR core but with Mike Wallace its a special WR core......I agree the defense needs to be addressed early in the draft....I agree safety and LB is big time needs.......But a NT is also a big need and you can never have enough corners......If Wallace is kept there is really no need to draft offense.....WR, OL, QB, TE all wouldn't be need......I could see another RB drafted in the later rounds just for depth/competition especially if Mendenhall isn't resigned........

  5. #45
    Starter Blazedby92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,212
    My Mood
    Fight

    Re: Mike hundred million Wallace

    The value of Wallace isn't just in the numbers but really how every other reciever on this team thrives off his speed that every defense has to account for, when the other recievers including miller is open underneath the safeties or wallace underneath his defense worried about his speed. There is more to this sport than numbers unless they want to play in the pro bowl

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

  6. #46
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No......YOUR the one who is stupid for thinking that we can't survive without a freakin WR. There is only one person who is irraplacable on the offense and that's Ben.

    Your not a real Steelers fan or you'd know that. This organazation is about the collective...NOT JUST ONE PERSON! Your a fan of another team and the Steelers are your second or third favorite team. But your not a Steelers fan per say or you'd know that.

    We can live, survive and thrive without Mike Wallace. We will live and survive and thrive without him next season. So you can flip it, spin it,..do whatever you want with it but the fact is he won't be here next year. And that will prove my point of management agreeing that we can move from him and be fine.

    Stop being such a ballwasher. We are not endeared to any one player! Not to Troy, not to Clark, not to anyone but Ben.
    Keep being an idiot. I said that this offense is BETTER with Wallace. It ISN'T better without him, PERIOD. Now spin that anyway you want to douche.

  7. #47
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Of course the offense is better with him, but without him, it's not like the Steelers will go 6-10. I hope they can retain him, but realistically, I don't know how they will with Lewis, Mendenhall, Sanders, etc. up for new contracts.

  8. #48
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    257
    all The Wallace "hate' question is , IS HE WORTH THE CAP HIT?? Not whwther he's a good or great WR

  9. #49
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,455
    This is rediculous anymore with Wallace. Im just going to say this. This team is better with Wallace, they will be good without him if it happens. All I know is that if he goes to another team within the AFC, Im going to be pissed.

    Wallace opens up the underneath for Brown/Heath/Sanders/Cotchey/Johson and company. Depending on what play it is, he can keep the extra guy out of the box. He is a threat. Also, none of us know how much he wants paid. I have never seen so much bashing of a player and it all comes down to because he held out and didnt show up for camp. People say "well, we were pissed because of how he ended the second half last year." Bullshit!

  10. #50
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,826
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    This is rediculous anymore with Wallace. Im just going to say this. This team is better with Wallace, they will be good without him if it happens. All I know is that if he goes to another team within the AFC, Im going to be pissed.

    Wallace opens up the underneath for Brown/Heath/Sanders/Cotchey/Johson and company. Depending on what play it is, he can keep the extra guy out of the box. He is a threat. Also, none of us know how much he wants paid. I have never seen so much bashing of a player and it all comes down to because he held out and didnt show up for camp. People say "well, we were pissed because of how he ended the second half last year." Bullshit!
    This...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stevie Johnson gets 36 million, how much will Wallace get?
    By CowherPower in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 10:27 AM
  2. Mike Wallace
    By WindyCityShaker in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
  3. Mike Wallace
    By nuclearchihuahuas in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 07:29 AM
  4. Mike Wallace
    By SteelDad in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •