Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 400/596, 4,406 yards, 32 TD, 8 INT

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i don't know about this, there has been tons of talk about ben being elite. more than i've ever heard before. mike and mike talk about it almost daily. they were interviewing brian billick and asked him if ben was a top 5 elite qb. billick said, when does elite mean he has to be top 5? there are 6 truly elite QB's right now, and matt ryan, while not elite yet, is knocking on the door this year with his play.

at any time, ben can be anywhere between 2 and 6. right now, i'd say he's 3 behind rodgers and peyton.

but make no mistake, ben is elite, and the league and media are taking notice!
    I think he is referring to more of when Jaworski listed his QB ranking in the off-season and he had Ben at 6 and said Ben was on the cusp of being elite......Don't know how much more Ben has to accomplish for Ben to be elite in Jaw's eyes?.......

Jaw's has that Philly envy of Pittsburgh. They will never admit it but they wish all their teams wore black & gold. (except for the Phillies)
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i don't know about this, there has been tons of talk about ben being elite. more than i've ever heard before. mike and mike talk about it almost daily. they were interviewing brian billick and asked him if ben was a top 5 elite qb. billick said, when does elite mean he has to be top 5? there are 6 truly elite QB's right now, and matt ryan, while not elite yet, is knocking on the door this year with his play.

at any time, ben can be anywhere between 2 and 6. right now, i'd say he's 3 behind rodgers and peyton.

but make no mistake, ben is elite, and the league and media are taking notice!
    What I mean RS is that Ben does not get the respect he deserves. He has two rings. He is just now starting to be put up there with Brady,Manning,Rodgers,Brees. He should have been in that category a long time ago. I think they are now starting to take notice because of Haley's offense/system. It puts up numbers for Bens stats. All the guy does is win. People bring up the argument this year for Rodgers because his Offense line is horrible............Ben has been dealing with that for YEARS!! Noone made excuses for him, they just went to the class of "well Ben isn't in the Manning,Brady,Brees class yet". Ben can have a lights out year this season, but wont even be close to winning the Mvp because of all the incidents he has been through.

Matt Ryan being "elite" is a joke, maybe when he wins a few playoff games first. Thats my opinion. Matt Ryan can go 16-0 and lose a playoff game, he still wouldnt be elite in my book. Just my opinion. I feel about Matt Ryan of the way that Black@Gold 4ever32 feels about Flucco

400/596, 4,406 yards, 32 TD, 8 INT

Atl is gonna lose when it hurts the most!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    What I mean RS is that Ben does not get the respect he deserves. He has two rings. He is just now starting to be put up there with Brady,Manning,Rodgers,Brees. He should have been in that category a long time ago. I think they are now starting to take notice because of Haley's offense/system. It puts up numbers for Bens stats. All the guy does is win. People bring up the argument this year for Rodgers because his Offense line is horrible............Ben has been dealing with that for YEARS!! Noone made excuses for him, they just went to the class of "well Ben isn't in the Manning,Brady,Brees class yet". Ben can have a lights out year this season, but wont even be close to winning the Mvp because of all the incidents he has been through.

Matt Ryan being "elite" is a joke, maybe when he wins a few playoff games first. Thats my opinion. Matt Ryan can go 16-0 and lose a playoff game, he still wouldnt be elite in my book. Just my opinion. I feel about Matt Ryan of the way that Black@Gold 4ever32 feels about Flucco

I get that, but Ben has always been put into the conversation as the ringo Starr of the group. He's not the prototypical QB, and in a fantasy league driven world, he doesn't have the stats as a Brady or Bree's. but he does have the wins and the rings and that's why he's been on that elite list. But this year he's been getting a ton of love from the media. And it's about time. He probably would have gotta a lot more love in years past if he wasn't saddled with the Arians abortion playbook.

But in the end, does he really need the love? I don't need the media showering him with praise, although its nice to hear. I just need him to keep winning!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

It seems like the media looks too much at stats to determine who is elite. I would rather have Ben over many QBs that are considered elite because if the game is on the line and the Steelers need a score (or more recently a drive to seal it) Ben is one of the best out there. Even if his numbers are low for a whole game he always seems to be able to turn it on when it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I think they are now starting to take notice because of Haley's offense/system. It puts up numbers for Bens stats.
    Pretty soon, people will start giving all the credit to the running game.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Pretty soon, people will start giving all the credit to the running game.
    Yep, it never fails.

Thread Information