Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Yes I know the shorts throws are to prevent Ben from getting killed....I'm not complaining about the short/quick passing game but just would like to see some deep play-action worked in....Hell more play-action period (especially in the red zone)......Ben is having a great year but if there was more play-action called then Ben would easily have over 20 TD passes.....I was just making a comment on Ben really having an MVP type season......

Mike Wallace 39 catches for 525 yards, and five TD's is his stat line and that is with less deep throws....Mike Wallace has 29 TD's in his career......I will be really ticked if they let Wallace walk....AB won't sniff 29 TD's his career.......
I know what you are saying, I think everyone likes the vertical passing game. IMO, it has more to do with what the D is giving us. They fear the VPG, so they play soft on Wallace and Brown with deep safety help. That opens the short passing game and run. As we continue to dominate with short passes and running, the Ds will eventually have to come up to stop it. That is when you will begin to see more deep throws to Wallace.