Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game notes

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Game notes

1. Roethlisberger and Redman were extraordinary, and Roethlisberger is an MVP candidate, trailing only Rodgers.
    2. Not going for the field goal, which was idiotic, actually led the team to getting the TD that they should've scored on the punt return or on the goal line. They might've just tied the game and the Giants might've scored if given better field position than what they were given after the fake field goal. Basically, Tomlin's stupidity might've helped the team take the lead.
    3. Lewis played great.
    4. Ike Taylor really does commit penalties on almost every play. He can't cover. He can't tackle. He can't intercept, except for the one he made today, which was huge. Hard to understand why he is on the team.
    5. I'm not going to slobber on Wallace. Bruce, Holt and Hakim used to make plays like that all the time and Warner would be given most of the credit, and I'm giving the credit to Roethlisberger for a perfectly placed ball.
    6. The fix was definitely in. There is no doubt about that. If Eli played halfway decent, there is no way the refs were going to allow the Steelers to win that game, so winning that game was HUGE.

I thought Ike Taylor actually played well today.. I don't remember any penalties and he seemed to have good coverage most the time..

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    1. Roethlisberger and Redman were extraordinary, and Roethlisberger is an MVP candidate, trailing only Rodgers.
    2. Not going for the field goal, which was idiotic, actually led the team to getting the TD that they should've scored on the punt return or on the goal line. They might've just tied the game and the Giants might've scored if given better field position than what they were given after the fake field goal. Basically, Tomlin's stupidity might've helped the team take the lead.
    3. Lewis played great.
    4. Ike Taylor really does commit penalties on almost every play. He can't cover. He can't tackle. He can't intercept, except for the one he made today, which was huge. Hard to understand why he is on the team.
    5. I'm not going to slobber on Wallace. Bruce, Holt and Hakim used to make plays like that all the time and Warner would be given most of the credit, and I'm giving the credit to Roethlisberger for a perfectly placed ball.
    6. The fix was definitely in. There is no doubt about that. If Eli played halfway decent, there is no way the refs were going to allow the Steelers to win that game, so winning that game was HUGE.
    1. Agree Ben should be in the MVP talk.......His numbers would be even more sick if Haley started mixing more deep play-action to Wallace.....

2. I wanted the Steelers to just go for it instead of trying a fake field goal.....But really handing off to Redman on 3rd an 1 was the right call instead of that dump off to Redman....I just didn't like the dump off to Redman....rather see two hand offs to Redman...I'm sure Redman could have picked up a yard with two cracks at it.....About the fake....my problem with it is running it with Suisham.........But the more I think about it Tomlin showing faith in his defense maybe could spring board this team......

3. Lewis is coming into his own and really his play has been really strong for weeks now....

4. I thought Taylor played a solid game....He isn't the corner he once was but I think he is rebounding nice after a very rough start to the season....I have a question......No Taylor...Then who starts for him?......You really going to trust Cortez Allen or Curtis Brown?......Allen seems perfect for his role as nickel corner......

5. Ben made the throw but COME ON......Mike Wallace made a great play and really turned that game around......Its why he should have received the contract and not AB.....AB is solid but he isn't special like Mike Wallace.....

6. Don't know about a fix but those were sympathy flags no doubt.......Just terrible calls and it just shows great teams over come bad calls........Seattle fans take note and stop bitching about Super Bowl XL.....lol

Game notes

*** O Line playing mean! Adams is turning into a great tackle. No way should Gilbert be back in.

*** Defense starting to get healthy and that will be scary!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    *** O Line playing mean! Adams is turning into a great tackle. No way should Gilbert be back in.
    I agree, Gilbert is doing a fantastic job on the bench they should keep him there and protect our linemen from him.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    This is weird. The only panic I saw in this game was wirh me. A fan. Saw real confidence on display here for a change. When the Steelers display that, all bets are off on where this team is going. I'm going with UP.

And their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    1. Agree Ben should be in the MVP talk.......His numbers would be even more sick if Haley started mixing more deep play-action to Wallace.....

5. Ben made the throw but COME ON......Mike Wallace made a great play and really turned that game around......Its why he should have received the contract and not AB.....AB is solid but he isn't special like Mike Wallace.....
    The short throws are to prevent Ben from getting killed, but a 9 route every now and then would be nice. Especially off play action when the running game is as proficient as it has been the last few weeks.

I said the same thing about Wallace yesterday - pay the man. Once my emotions were out of it, I also said that the recent cases of the drops need to disappear and just needs to be more consistent. As far as the pass goes to Wallace, it was barely a 3 yard pass.

You know what? That's how Jerry Rice made a living - YAC.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    All of this dissing on Taylor is a joke. The guy is BY FAR our BEST CB. He takes the best WR every game and usually does a fine job. He even tackles in the run D. If he could catch, he would have been a multiple pro bowler. The best WR on the opposing team each week gets paid too and is going to beat him on occasion.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Agree with everything but 4 and 5.
    4 - Sorry, but Ike just had his second good game in a row. I am amazed at how well he is playing after he played so poorly in the beginning of the season. He is not committing penalties if he doesn't get called for them. Keep it up Ike!

5 - No need to slobber on Wallace. Just have to admit that that play was all him. Good throw by Ben, obviously. But, come on.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    The short throws are to prevent Ben from getting killed, but a 9 route every now and then would be nice. Especially off play action when the running game is as proficient as it has been the last few weeks.

I said the same thing about Wallace yesterday - pay the man. Once my emotions were out of it, I also said that the recent cases of the drops need to disappear and just needs to be more consistent. As far as the pass goes to Wallace, it was barely a 3 yard pass.

You know what? That's how Jerry Rice made a living - YAC.
    Yes I know the shorts throws are to prevent Ben from getting killed....I'm not complaining about the short/quick passing game but just would like to see some deep play-action worked in....Hell more play-action period (especially in the red zone)......Ben is having a great year but if there was more play-action called then Ben would easily have over 20 TD passes.....I was just making a comment on Ben really having an MVP type season......

Mike Wallace 39 catches for 525 yards, and five TD's is his stat line and that is with less deep throws....Mike Wallace has 29 TD's in his career......I will be really ticked if they let Wallace walk....AB won't sniff 29 TD's his career.......

Thread Information