Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game notes

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yes I know the shorts throws are to prevent Ben from getting killed....I'm not complaining about the short/quick passing game but just would like to see some deep play-action worked in....Hell more play-action period (especially in the red zone)......Ben is having a great year but if there was more play-action called then Ben would easily have over 20 TD passes.....I was just making a comment on Ben really having an MVP type season......

Mike Wallace 39 catches for 525 yards, and five TD's is his stat line and that is with less deep throws....Mike Wallace has 29 TD's in his career......I will be really ticked if they let Wallace walk....AB won't sniff 29 TD's his career.......
    I know what you are saying, I think everyone likes the vertical passing game. IMO, it has more to do with what the D is giving us. They fear the VPG, so they play soft on Wallace and Brown with deep safety help. That opens the short passing game and run. As we continue to dominate with short passes and running, the Ds will eventually have to come up to stop it. That is when you will begin to see more deep throws to Wallace.

1. Ben is the sh*t, period. He won't win MVP, but he's the man.
    2. I wanted a FG, but it all worked out.
    3. Yes, yes he did. Developing into a solid corner, I love his aggressive play.
    4. I was very happy with Ike. The interception was great, and he also had a great open field tackle on third down. He has some nice "pile on" hits too, which is sort of uncharacteristic for him.
    5. The "sympathy flags" were just silly. I had friends, who don't necessarily like the Steelers, texting me saying that the calls were pathetic. Probably one of the most enraging ref performances I can think of.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I know what you are saying, I think everyone likes the vertical passing game. IMO, it has more to do with what the D is giving us. They fear the VPG, so they play soft on Wallace and Brown with deep safety help. That opens the short passing game and run. As we continue to dominate with short passes and running, the Ds will eventually have to come up to stop it. That is when you will begin to see more deep throws to Wallace.
    I just want a happy median of vertical throws....Not at the rate BA called them........BA was just so damn stubborn and that is why he isn't OC anymore.....OL has pass protect issues but I'm going to send all the WR's on medium to deep routes....lol But Haley could really make this offense even more deadly with a few more deep throws especially off play-action.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    5. The "sympathy flags" were just silly. I had friends, who don't necessarily like the Steelers, texting me saying that the calls were pathetic. Probably one of the most enraging ref performances I can think of.
    Only worst blatant attempted manipulation of a game that I've seen in the past is when Polomalu's interception/fumble/recovery of Peyton Manning was ruled a drop in the 2005 playoff game.

I watched taylor all game. He grabs, pulls, slaps and tugs the receivers on every play. He gets burned way to easily on reciever cutbacks as well. His type of coverage will only lead to flags.

Thread Information