Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Game

Bookmark and Share

Running Game

Do you guys feel that the running game struggles to start the year was not because any of the backs in particular and that the offensive line was just struggling? Right now it seems that any back we put in the game would be able to pile up 100 yards with the newfound aggressiveness of our linemen.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Exactly right.

Running Game

Adams is a run blocking fool! Colon and Pouncey are sick together and the backs are feeding off of it! It's a good problem to have. I hope Gilbert lost his starting role.

2nd String
    Yeah I agree Latrobe I think Adams is major reason ... but I disagree about Gilbert I think he's better off on the left side pass protecting ... when DeCastro comes back next year or end of this year ... a line of Gilbert, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams (w/ Foster and Legs backing up) is actually a really good line and is the future

that line just flat out moves people. thats what happens when you get rid of guys like essex, hartwig, stapelton guys on the inside and have just straight up maulers.

some of you were hard on colon early on but the dude is a truly dominant guard, pouncey was so violent today, and mike adams....jesus, when he lands a block its all over. hes not anything special in pass blocking but they have helped him out so perfectly. the sky is really the limit for him.

this is without david decastro too...that makes me feel all tingly inside

It is so nice to see the Steelers actually have a good O-line for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    that line just flat out moves people. thats what happens when you get rid of guys like essex, hartwig, stapelton guys on the inside and have just straight up maulers.

some of you were hard on colon early on but the dude is a truly dominant guard, pouncey was so violent today, and mike adams....jesus, when he lands a block its all over. hes not anything special in pass blocking but they have helped him out so perfectly. the sky is really the limit for him.

this is without david decastro too...that makes me feel all tingly inside
    I was hard on Colon because the first 3-4 games he played horrible. He was called for more penalties than any other Steelers player by a mile and caused a week sacks. However, lately the dude has been nothing short of great. He is just punishing whoever is dares take him on.

As for Mike Adams, he did look bad on that one sack against Tuck, but he is still learning and lets be fair; Tuck has made better o-line men look worse.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Haley sees the weakness and keeps attacking it...

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I was hard on Colon because the first 3-4 games he played horrible. He was called for more penalties than any other Steelers player by a mile and caused a week sacks. However, lately the dude has been nothing short of great. He is just punishing whoever is dares take him on.

As for Mike Adams, he did look bad on that one sack against Tuck, but he is still learning and lets be fair; Tuck has made better o-line men look worse.
    early on colon didnt look great but he was transitioning and week by week looked to be growing into the role, now hes crushing

Running Game

Train, you think they'll stick with Adams? Or go back to Gilbert?

Thread Information