Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Keenan Lewis on par with Ike Taylor?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Lewis is starting to play really nicely. It would be great if he can grab a few turnovers what Ike couldn't really do (like 5 a year).

We shall see how far he can progress this season.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    He is definitely on his way to being a really great corner. He has been so solid all year long and I love the direction he is headed.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    He is a FA after this year. I am beginning to think they will have to keep him because Ike is getting old. Personally, I think if they have to choose between Lewis and Wallace, I would choose Lewis.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2
    There is no way you choose Lewis over Wallace ... lol I'd let you have Lewis and man him up wit Wallace, Wallace wins wayyyy more times then Lewis does

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    There is no way you choose Lewis over Wallace ... lol I'd let you have Lewis and man him up wit Wallace, Wallace wins wayyyy more times then Lewis does
    It depends if Lewis keeps progressing like he has been. We need talented CBs to keep up with this passing league, and Lewis will probably be much cheaper to keep than Wallace. Plus I think we'd be just fine with Brown, Sanders, and Cotch. I like Wallace a lot, but I have a feeling he'll go elsewhere.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    It depends if Lewis keeps progressing like he has been. We need talented CBs to keep up with this passing league, and Lewis will probably be much cheaper to keep than Wallace. Plus I think we'd be just fine with Brown, Sanders, and Cotch. I like Wallace a lot, but I have a feeling he'll go elsewhere.
    Lewis will be cheaper ... that's why you can get both ... but he said if he had to choose he would choose Lewis over Wallace ... and I don't think that's the case at all and if it is our GM needs checked ... Cortez can be just as good as Lewis , with Brown, Sanders and Cotch you just don't have that deep threat to keep the defense honest and the middle of the field gets packed for them route runners

Lewis or Wallace: Lewis hands down, It a lot harder finding and good corner vs a good receiver: With Taylor, Lewis and Allen, the Steelers will be able to match up with the Pat, Packs, and any other team in the NFL.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1964 View Post
    Lewis or Wallace: Lewis hands down, It a lot harder finding and good corner vs a good receiver: With Taylor, Lewis and Allen, the Steelers will be able to match up with the Pat, Packs, and any other team in the NFL.
    Not a good WR with the speed of Wallace ( that comes around once in a while) Wallace is top 10-15 WR in the league with potential to be top 5... and is a top 5 weapon on offense

Can't say the same for Lewis at his position and I would hate to see him against other teams #1 game in and game out ... and I feel Cortez has the potential to be better then Lewis

but maybe I'm in the minority here I guess

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Keenan Lewis has played great the past few weeks. He's becoming a very solid corner.
    Doesn't that sound sweet given our rapidly aging/failing secondary.

Draft Pick
    i didn't think Keenan was ever going to show anything but I'm glad to be wrong. He really needs to improve his tackling in run support though. Could be a lack of bulk situation.

Banned
    Its a joke that you would pick Lewis over Wallace right now. Wallace has had a great body of work over the years and deserves to be paid. Now that Lewis has had a FEW good games so far, people want him over Wallace. Yes, Lewis has been playing great as of late. Let's see how he does for the rest of the season. Wallace can be replaced also, but it would be hard. Speed guys can be replaced but not as easy as some think. Look at Heyward Bey coming out of college. Speed guy who never panned out.

Also, Lewis will not be a ton of money as people think we cant sign both. Its not like we are going to be paying Lewis, Revis type money.

Thread Information