Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Keenan Lewis on par with Ike Taylor?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Its a joke that you would pick Lewis over Wallace right now. Wallace has had a great body of work over the years and deserves to be paid. Now that Lewis has had a FEW good games so far, people want him over Wallace. Yes, Lewis has been playing great as of late. Let's see how he does for the rest of the season. Wallace can be replaced also, but it would be hard. Speed guys can be replaced but not as easy as some think. Look at Heyward Bey coming out of college. Speed guy who never panned out.

Also, Lewis will not be a ton of money as people think we cant sign both. Its not like we are going to be paying Lewis, Revis type money.
    First, who are you to decide my opinion is a joke? You may not agree with it, but its not a joke. Lewis has excelled under Lake's coaching and there is no reason to think he wont continue to get better. But, as I have said before, we are at the cap with 35 guys under contract. Wallace makes this offense better, but so would a stud FS, or Revis type CB or 4 Pro Bowl WR's. The problem is we have this thing called a cap. So, does Wallace make this team better, yes, is he worth 8 percent of the total cap, no. He doesnt make the team that much better. So as the Steelers figure out who is coming back, Mendenhall, McClendon, Lewis, Mundy, Allen, Sanders, Foote, Foster, Legs, and Dwyer. Then we have guys who are free agents at the end of next season we have to consider, Cotchery, Hood, and others. It may mean we can only sign one guy, maybe even have to franchise him. For me, I think Lewis will give us more bang for our buck.

My Mood
    Fight

Re: Is Keenan Lewis on par with Ike Taylor?

Trying to a make playoff run lets see who steps up before we start jumping off and on wagons, lewis first year and wallace somewhat struggling it seems but I think hes learning an offense that doesn't consists of him blowing the top of the coverage 50% i f the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Lewis has really opened my eyes. I didn't think he was ready. But he's shown me that he's ready to more then hold his own.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    First, who are you to decide my opinion is a joke? You may not agree with it, but its not a joke. Lewis has excelled under Lake's coaching and there is no reason to think he wont continue to get better. But, as I have said before, we are at the cap with 35 guys under contract. Wallace makes this offense better, but so would a stud FS, or Revis type CB or 4 Pro Bowl WR's. The problem is we have this thing called a cap. So, does Wallace make this team better, yes, is he worth 8 percent of the total cap, no. He doesnt make the team that much better. So as the Steelers figure out who is coming back, Mendenhall, McClendon, Lewis, Mundy, Allen, Sanders, Foote, Foster, Legs, and Dwyer. Then we have guys who are free agents at the end of next season we have to consider, Cotchery, Hood, and others. It may mean we can only sign one guy, maybe even have to franchise him. For me, I think Lewis will give us more bang for our buck.
    Im sorry but it was laughable in my opinion. Lewis has only started 9 games for the Steelers his whole career. Let the season finish out, and go from there. Like I stated earlier. He will be a cheap contract. Only Miller has more Td's than Wallace. 5 td's from a receiver is pretty damn good so far. If you combine Johnson/Brown/Pope/Sanders/Mendenhall reception td's, they only combine to Wallace's 5. Wallace puts points on the board, period. Also, noone knows if Wallace will accept a contract from the Steelers if it doesnt meet his demands. He is in a very good offense, a team who makes the playoffs almost every year. We will see what happens but lets see what happens with Lewis from now till the end of the season.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    That was still a riduculous call on him. The NFL is getting to the point where you're not even allowed to cover the receivers.

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Lewis >>> William Gay
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    If the steelers had to choose, it's possible Lewis is the better option from a CAP perspective.....Theirs Nobody in this forum that wouldnt love a Revis for Wallace straight up trade....meaning Corners have much more value. Not to say Lewis will ever be a top 5 Corner, but he could be a Decent #1 corner, I like what i'm seeing and letting him go would be a mistake as Ike is on the bad side of 30 and we have nobody else and we dont know how to get one

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    If the steelers had to choose, it's possible Lewis is the better option from a CAP perspective.....Theirs Nobody in this forum that wouldnt love a Revis for Wallace straight up trade....meaning Corners have much more value. Not to say Lewis will ever be a top 5 Corner, but he could be a Decent #1 corner, I like what i'm seeing and letting him go would be a mistake as Ike is on the bad side of 30 and we have nobody else and we dont know how to get one
    Your talking about the best CB this generation and arguably an all time best if he can stay healthy ... compared to KENEEN LEWIS??? I'm done

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Your talking about the best CB this generation and arguably an all time best if he can stay healthy ... compared to KENEEN LEWIS??? I'm done
    Thats what I dont understand why some people are already coming to the conclusion to Wallace and Lewis. Wallace has 3 1/2 seasons of work proven that he is a threat compared to Lewis's 9 total starts. Is Lewis playing well right now? Hell yes, but lets him get some more starts in first to see who would be the smarter signing for long term.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nobody should be ready to crown Lewis is the greatest things since sliced bread by any stretch but you have to admit he's stepped up his game so far this year. He's batting down passes, playing solid coverage over all and seems to have a nose for the ball. He's young and still has room to grow but I love his potential. He'll cost more than a typical 1st round tender in 2013 but he's worth the money at this point.

Thread Information