Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Redman lovers and doubters unite!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    I hoep Mendy can be some trade bait.
    The trade deadline has already passed and Mendy is a FA at season end. He is gone, IMO.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Trade deadline is passed and Rashard is a UFA next year.........

Redman is a short yardage and goal line back that could fill in when needed. Dwyer could be a starter, but dosn't have the endurance to be the starter: When Mendenhall is healthy he is the guy hands down this year.

If the question is: Is the Steelers running game BETTER with Mendenhall, the answer is YES
    If the question is: Do I want Mendenhall to return the answer is YES.
    If the question is will the Steelers survive without Mendenhall next year, the answer is YES.
    If the question is: Out of the three current starter that will reach FA next year how should the Steeler resign and in which order, the answer is. K. Lewis, R. Mendenhall, and then M. Wallace

My Mood
    Mad
    Not a chance Mendenhall receives contract number 2 from the Steelers........No reason to keep him at all......Dwyer, Redman, Rainey, Batch all will be in the mix again next year....The Steelers can find a RB late in the draft to add to that mix.......RB is such a devalued position.......Let a team like the Cardinals sign Rashard.........

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Not a chance Mendenhall receives contract number 2 from the Steelers........No reason to keep him at all......Dwyer, Redman, Rainey, Batch all will be in the mix again next year....The Steelers can find a RB late in the draft to add to that mix.......RB is such a devalued position.......Let a team like the Cardinals sign Rashard.........
    its becoming clear that the oline is dominating the ground game, id still like a game breaker at RB but damn they are making due with what they have. Haley <3

When Redman was the starter earlier this year, the Oline was not run blocking better than it is now. It is ALOT better than what it was earlier this year. I still say with Mendehall being injured and a healthy Dwyer, Dwyer should still get the nod with Red being the number 2 and Rainey/Batch being the 3 an 4. There was a big reason why earlier this season both Red and Dwyer were only getting about 2 yards per carry. Now with Pouncey healthty and Mike Adams being a better run blocker than Gilbert, the run game has improved. Also, props to Colon for bring back that nastiness to the Oline also.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1964 View Post
    Redman is a short yardage and goal line back that could fill in when needed. Dwyer could be a starter, but dosn't have the endurance to be the starter: When Mendenhall is healthy he is the guy hands down this year.
    Don't know what you've been smoking but Mendy ISN'T the best runningback on this team. That belongs to Dwyer. No Fumbles from Dwyer, no dancing in the backfield from Dwyer, Dwyer hits the hole better. And Dwyer is the better RB to handle blitzers.

Mendy has one advantage and that is straight line speed. Straight line speed isn't enough. Go ask Emmit Smith.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its becoming clear that the oline is dominating the ground game, id still like a game breaker at RB but damn they are making due with what they have. Haley <3
    Of course the OL is doing a much better job and dominating the LOS and I do like a RB like Rashard Mendenhall's talent but at the sametime there isn't really a reason to resign him....Let some other team over pay for him......He won't get a king's ransom but I could see a team wanting to give Rashard more then the Steelers are willing to pay...Keeping Mike Wallace is a bigger priority then keeping Mendenhall.......

Draft Pick
    Redman really brought his lunchbox and came to play. That the o-line is really killing it though is evidenced by the fact that even the midget Rainey was running effectively between the tackles when given a chance.

Thread Information