Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike hundred million Wallace

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Mike hundred million Wallace

He had a good play against the Giants.

Should we keep him next season? At what price? I think we should of shipped his *** off whilst we could get something in return but that's not happening.

Realistically I don't see him staying in Pittsburgh and I'm fine with that, we have Sanders and Brown as starters and Cotchery as the new Hines Ward.

Mid-Way through the season we should really be looking at seeing if we are going to re-sign him or not.

How much is he worth? To be honest not more than $4M per season IMO.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm pretty critical of Mike Wallace most of the time. But it's plays like the TD that he had yesterday that makes me go...damn, now I remember why we keep him around.

That being said, we wouldn't be hurt if he left. AB, Sanders, Cotch, Miller and co. can carry this team just fine on their own.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't expect to see Wallace after this season. But I'd like for him to stay but you can't keep everybody when you function with a Salary cap.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I'm pretty critical of Mike Wallace most of the time. But it's plays like the TD that he had yesterday that makes me go...damn, now I remember why we keep him around.

That being said, we wouldn't be hurt if he left. AB, Sanders, Cotch, Miller and co. can carry this team just fine on their own.

I've been critical of Wallace ever since his holdout started, and before that during the last half of 2011 when his production dropped off. Until he proves he can catch the ball in traffic or even try and fight for it then I'm fine if he ends up leaving. I would have rather they got something for him in return but that's life in the NFL. He's a legit deep threat, probably the best in the game or atleast top 3. Certainly he can outrun anyone in the NFL, which is is forte by far.

Did you see him try and run that quick screen last night? He doesn't have a sense of how to handle himself in traffic and weave his way through tight circumstances. You need quick guys with a burst of acceleration out of the gate, like Sanders or AB. Wallace has his role on this team, and anybody would be lucky to have him but if he goes after the price we think he will then we can kiss him goodbye.

If he stays, more power to him and we'll be even more potent down the field, but if he goes then he goes.

Banned
    4 mil a year? Come on now. You may not like him, but his production over the first three and a half years of his career, and the fact that every defense must account for him on every play makes him worth well more than that. You're telling me that Antonio Brown is worth almost 9 mil a year, and Wallace only 4? So you're saying he's worth less than 1 mil a year more than Larry Foote? He's worth less than Nate Washington? Mario Manningham is making almost 4 mil a year. Earl Bennett makes almost 4 mil a year. I get that you don't like him, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

He clearly demonstrated why he is a dangerous receiver yesterday and I hope the Steelers find a way to resign him. But as I said in another post, I'm not all in on Wallace until I see more consistency from him and he eliminates the recent issues with drops. Elite receivers don't do that as frequently as he has this season.

Hard to overlook Sanders effort last night, or Cotchery's. No, they're both not Wallace, but if the Steelers had no choice, I believe they could move forward without Wallace, but I hope they don't have to.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Sander's TD catch was pretty damn impressive though.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    29 TD's in three and half seasons for Mike Wallace....What WR will replace that production on the roster?

My Mood
    Addicted
    I keep him for $7 million a year.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I keep him for $7 million a year.
    I doubt he would even want a 5 year 35m contract.

Id give that to Emmanuel lol

Thread Information