Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Score predictions for Steelers vs Giants

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about this one.
    I absolutely hate this matchup. Giants are very strong on the DL and our OL is still the weakest part of the O. I don't think Ben will have much time to throw, even if our WR match well with the Giant secondary.

Plus the giants have a good OL, good receivers and an elite QB and we suck at putting pressure on the QB.

This could be a very long day. But it's a great test for us to see where we stand.

Ive been saying it all week we will beat the hell outta the Giants. I remember lastweek when some thought I was crazy saying the Redskins wouldnt be putting up alot of points.

34-17 steelers.

Giants were handed 13 points by Romo. Dallas shut them down in the 2nd half and won 14 - 6

Steelers with zero INT's from Ben Win 24 - 16

My gut tells me this will be a nailbiter. But, if we can keep Ben upright, establish the run, and avoid turnovers, this could be a dominating performance.
    IF these things happen: Steelers 34-21

If we play like we have been on the road (prior to Bungles), then it will be a long day of Eli shredding the defense, and us relying soly on Ben to be the entire offense.
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 11-02-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Giants were handed 13 points by Romo. Dallas shut them down in the 2nd half and won 14 - 6
    This does give me a little confidence. I couldn't believe how bad the Giants looked 2nd half.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The best way to neutralize the Giants D-line is to constantly run the ball and run it specifically at JPP.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    My gut tells me this will be a nailbiter. But, if we can keep Ben upright, establish the run, and avoid turnovers, this could be a dominating performance.
    IF these things happen: Steelers 34-21

If we play like we have been on the road (prior to Bungles), then it will be a long day of Eli shredding the defense, and us relying soly on Ben to be the entire offense.

This is a game that we need to see the road team play like the home team if we expect to win. I don't doubt for a second that it's going to be a nailbiter but you've got to find ways to win these types of games. You can't keep losing on the road and expect to be taken seriously come playoff time.

My Social Networks

Follow Steveo On Twitter Add Steveo on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    That's mostly how I'm leaning towards too, but going back and forth between who would win. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes either way but my heart is with Pittsburgh.
    This is pretty much how I'm feeling right now as well.

Disguise coverages on defense until the last minute because manning is good at pre-snap reads and changing blocking assignments. Giants RB's are young so they must be pounded on every play. As always the case, whoever wins the 3rd down battle will likely win the game. Ben needs time to run the offense and not get killed by the G-men pass rush. If the Steelers can run the ball effectively, dominate TOP, and the Steelers can force a pick or two from Manning, then I like the Steelers to win 30-24.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I think the Steelers can sneak out a close one as well here. The Giants are due for a letdown and have come close numerous times to losing games at home over the past month or so. Plus, this is a game that nobody expects the Steelers to play well and win which is one of the reasons I think they will step up their game and win. Ben will have to shine once again and the Steelers overall will have to play mistake free ball and if they do both of those things I think they walk out with a win. Ill say 31-24 Steelers....

Thread Information