Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The sack total just isn't there yet for the Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I'm not sold on the defense whatsoever. I saw how that "# 1" pass defense got abused by a QB coming back after being out an entire year. They made him look like he hardly missed any time. That was embarrassing. Then to watch the Falcons defense make Manning look like an old QB right after really pissed me off.

Dick Lebeau still needs to retire. I have little to no faith in him. His schemes and ideas are stall and he refuses to bring any freshness to the defense.
    Regardless if he took a year off or not, Manning is still one of the best QB's in the NFL and has showed it, he has had only one bad HALF all season.

I agree our pass defense isn't that good, especially as good as the numbers say, but you made it seem like the D got lit up by some scrub.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Manning was a scrub when we faced him. And the Falcons proved it. We exposed our coverages BEFORE the snap the entire nite. What starting QB do you ever just let him see your coverage before the ball is snapped for the entire game???? Especially a Manning!

If we came out and changed and disguised coverage like the Falcons did against Manning, we would have been just as effective if not more against Manning because he was clearly rusty. You could see how rusty he was in the first half of the game. All we needed to do was play crafty defense, and we win that game. Sorry..but that Falcons game showed the whole nation where Manning was at the beginning of the season. Now he's back to being acclimated to the game pretty much. But he wasn't then. Le Bum came out and underestimated him. Same way he did Tebow in the playoffs last year.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    They had 10 drops on perfectly thrown balls. The game / stats could of been much different had his WR's caught the balls. Eli and crew will not have this issue.
    Fact is still that RGIII didn't have impressive numbers, even for a rookie. Every team, every week, can say that "it would have been much different if only..." followed by blah, blah, blah.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted
    I am happy for the win last week, but my happiness is tempered by the fact the Redskin WRs had 12 dropped passes, 2 of which would have been TDs.

You can't count on that happening every week.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's a concern for me as well. Obviously the weather had something to do with it, RGIII throwing some off target, and perhaps you can add that the Steelers defense was making them hear footsteps, but I agree you can't count on receivers playing that poorly all the time. It will be a different story against the Giants though, Eli can put it right on the money and his wide outs aren't afraid to go up after it.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This game could be a shoot out.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

one of the biggest reasons our defence ranks so well is because of Ben and the offence. We control time of possession every game and the long time consuming drives lead to less time on the field for the defence, and in turn, less yards against

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Fact is still that RGIII didn't have impressive numbers, even for a rookie. Every team, every week, can say that "it would have been much different if only..." followed by blah, blah, blah.
    this. Any team in any loss could have said if only we did this we would have won. Besides a lot of those drops were due to our DB's pressure and hard hits to knock the ball free. The one TD drop, they scored a TD on the drive anyways..

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Dick Lebeau still needs to retire. I have little to no faith in him. His schemes and ideas are stall and he refuses to bring any freshness to the defense.
    ^ does anyone want to accept the fact that the players on D are just not that good??? old and done or young and inexperienced or bad.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I completely agree. They have been hurrying a lot of QBs so far this year, just a step or two away from being sacks. The total sacks need to come up a little though, especially when we go up against Baltimore.

Thread Information