Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Steelers vs Giants game coming up

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Thoughts on the Steelers vs Giants game coming up

First off, as far as we know it's still going to be on Sunday at 4:25, but depending on how things go with the cleanup in NewYork perhaps it gets moved to Monday.

A few early thoughts on this game.

This is a huge test for the Steelers, playing a team like the Giants is a litmus test for anyone. They are head and shoulders above what Washington is right now and Eli is as good as it gets.

Offensive line will have it's hands full with arguably the best front 4 in football. They must protect Ben at all costs; if that DL starts smelling blood it's going to be a long night. The best way to do that is to keep the quick releases going and have some type of a ground game to keep that pass rush in check.

Eli is a pocket passer, you can bring pressure and not worry about him taking off like RGIII. You better get there though in a hurry if you're going to do it because he can extend plays pretty darn well. This is where having Woodley and Harrison back will be a big key.

What else you all got?

Thoughts on the Steelers vs Giants game coming up

Honestly the giants will be playing with a heavy heart after sandy smashed their state(s). My worry is the Steelers may play feeling to bad for them and ultimately end up giving them the game.

Does this sound stupid!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Honestly the giants will be playing with a heavy heart after sandy smashed their state(s). My worry is the Steelers may play feeling to bad for them and ultimately end up giving them the game.

Does this sound stupid!
    There's no crying in baseball, and no pity in the NFL. I'm just glad I didn't see any pink mixed in with Steeler prison unis. Go Inmates! Smash the Jints!
    STEELSPIKES

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, this is a game where maybe we need to feature our short passing game. Giants secondary players are garbage. Running Dwyer right at JPP is the best way to wear him down. The Giants will come with some blitzes and when they do, Ben has to make them pay. I could see AB shaking loose in this game with a long TD with the defense so preoccupied with Wallace.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree, running at JPP is the best way to neutralize him; running away will allow him to shed the block and just chase you down with the rest of the lineman. Since we don't run all that often we need to take advantage of every opportunity available to keep the pass rush down.

The Giants will definitely be playing with heavy hearts but I think they'll also be inspired to play well. The Steelers can't let anything stand in their way on this one, there is none of this try and slow down the pace and eat clock stuff. You better put up as many points as you can all day long.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Woot

My Social Networks

Follow Rhys Lightning 63 On Twitter
    Also got to remember that they only JUST got past a very weak Cowboys team this past Sunday. Checking the rankings on the Steelers App and it says they are 26th in the league in Defensive Passing Yards. I can imagine Mike Wallace having a field day against their secondary as well as Heath Miller over the middle and on out routes towards the sidelines.

I can imagine us JUST sneaking this game, probably by less than 7 points

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Their LB coverage of the TE is horrible. Did you see what Witten just did to them?? If we could get Miller going like that to the tune of 12 catches, we will be in good shape. But when we are in the red zone, we need TD's. Not field goals.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    I will be surprised if this game goes. I don't know how much damage Giants Stadium sustained but according to all my friends and family I have been able to contact, it's a war zone up there. I hope it goes which would mean most have gotten power back and have returned to some degree of normal living. Haven't really thought about the game since where I grew up has been leveled so no comment on the game itself.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think the Giants may come in a little flat after the Cowboys game last week.

Steelers win 31-17.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Their LB coverage of the TE is horrible. Did you see what Witten just did to them?? If we could get Miller going like that to the tune of 12 catches, we will be in good shape. But when we are in the red zone, we need TD's. Not field goals.

Miller has been on fire this year, I would keep feeding him the ball until the Giants prove they can stop it. If they start double covering Heath more then Paulson will have some chances to make an impact. Most teams have trouble with the tight end, so the Haley should exploit that for all it's worth.

I want to see us go after a team, game plan like BA never did and expose their weakness. Not just " do what we do " crap that we always hear.

Thread Information