Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben having an MVP type season thus far...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Ben having an MVP type season thus far...

I know we are only 7 games into this season but I wanted to get everybody's opinion on this. Ben has been simply awesome so far this season and he just continues to get better and better each week throwing the ball. His sacks are down which is the most important thing which I really believe is a huge huge reason for his success so far this season. In my opinion, he has definitely got to be a front runner for league MVP at this point in the season. He has been nothing short of spectacular and I think he is only going to continue to get better as the season moves forward here. I wanted to get your guys take on this and if you think Ben should be in the running for MVP at this point and time...He has been flat out unbelievable so far this season through 7 games. He is playing the best football of his career in my opinion...

Banned
    He a legitimate candidate for sure, but as long as the golden boys (Brady, Rodgers, Brees) are in the league, Ben will never win MVP.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    He a legitimate candidate for sure, but as long as the golden boys (Brady, Rodgers, Brees) are in the league, Ben will never win MVP.
    had steelers beat Tenn and Oak, they would be talking about it and it be a legit arguement, but going into this game at 3-3, their is little worth mentioning it...they win a few more and he will be a candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I'd say Matt Ryan is ahead of all of them at this point of the season.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I'd say Matt Ryan is ahead of all of them at this point of the season.
    They'll fizzle out I think...

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    They'll fizzle out I think...
    Maybe in the playoffs but they have a pretty easy division and their schedule isn't that bad. So I'd think that Matty has as good a chance as anyone at the MVP.

Peyton may be the leader because of his name and the year he's having followed by Ryan, Rogers, Ben & Eli
    Last edited by LarryNJ; 10-28-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: said ben & Peyton ..meant Ben & Eli
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Maybe in the playoffs but they have a pretty easy division and their schedule isn't that bad. So I'd think that Matty has as good a chance as anyone at the MVP.

Peyton may be the leader because of his name and the year he's having followed by Ryan, Rogers, Ben & Peyton.
    True, problem is Ben thrives off of no MVP awards. Give him one he may start sucking, j/k lol

If we were 6-1 right now like we should be, then he would be in contention. Wins are a big part of winning MVP.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Veteran
    Can't be an MVP season. The dink and dunk. The friction with Haley. How can he be having an MVP season with all that?

#sarcasm

Haley's was just the kick in the *** that Ben needed to move to the next level.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Get tired of hearing how Haley kicked Ben to the next level....lol Ben threw 32 TD's in 2007, multi-4,000 yards seasons, had a monster 2010 season in 12 games 3200 yards and 17 TD's............What Haley has done though is install a offense that requires Ben to get rid of the ball quicker and that has been the key.....But I don't think Haley impacted Ben's level of play at all....Ben has been a top five NFL QB for years now........

As for Ben for MVP, I agree had the Steelers won more games at this point then Ben would be up there in the MVP talk which he deserves.......

Thread Information