Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Haley way....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I would like to see a few more shots down field too but for now I'm not too concerned about it. The only thing that keeps me really scratching my head every week is that the offense continues to go into a shell in the 4th quarter, relying on Dwyer to run out the clock. I want to see that killer attitude again, go for that extra score when you're up by 10 points instead of just turning the ball over with a punt. I know Dwyer ran out the clock 2 weeks ago, which was great but are they going to be able to pour it on and score points when they need too in the 4th quarter?
    I agree with this post 100%. The Steelers (this year included) play safe far too much in the 4th quarter with a small lead. We just do not have the defense anymore that we can count on to thwart a good opposing offense. I would love to see us be more aggressive in getting a "kill shot" like the Pats, Saints, and Packers do. Make it a two score game and THEN give it to the RBs to stall it out.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

The one hing about deep shots downfield is that the OL may nothold up. They have been in atters most of the year so why call something that could e successful in place of something that is.

The other thing I want to see is a game plan on the road that translates into a win. Not too happy about the losses on the road this year.

Look what Dallas did against NYG last week with one WR and a TE. We have 3 WR and a TE. I am really hoping to see some offensive magic this weekend.

Draft Pick
    You can't really be upset with the way the offense has heen going this year. They have not been the problem and they will only get better over time as everybody gets more used to the system. Still having troubles ramming the ball in from the redzone though. And you can never discount the positive effect of controlling the clock. San Fran are the kings of the 2 yard pass and they score enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KemoTherapy View Post
    And you can never discount the positive effect of controlling the clock. San Fran are the kings of the 2 yard pass and they score enough.
    With Alex Smith, it's an amazing feat.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    As a dyed-in-the-wool hater of the "chuck and duck" Bruce Arians' sandlot strategy, I am very pleased with what is emerging in the steeler "O." And am not at all bothered by lack of shots downfield; that was the Arians way after everything else failed..."f@#k it, just chuck it!" Long balls are generally low percentage plays. Watch NE or GB or other teams that score consistently in the high 20's, to mid-30's: you just don't see a lot of deep throws.Arians is a mental midget compared to Haley. Scoring avg. is on the way up. BA may win a few games with Indy...but he'll be gone soon when they rank 24th in ppg. avg., and Luck is frustrated as hell, and realizes his boss is a moron, and is getting the crap beat out of him.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 10-31-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Haley way is going to get a big test this week. Clock management, keeping Eli off the field will be huge. If the game is close late in the 4th quarter and we hand them the ball with anything more than 1 minute on the clock I'll be extremely nervous.

Last year the Steelers catch phrase "old and done". Now it's "dink and dunk"...can't imagine what's next.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I love the new offense. At first, I absolutely hated it because we weren't getting the deep shots down field to Wallace like we used to but now I really am getting used to it. The new offense is keeping Ben off the ground and that will extend his career by years. Another great thing is the time of possession. I can't remember a Steelers team in recent memory that has been able to take control of the TOP like this team, and its all because of this offense. It also gets Heath involved a lot more and you can't go wrong there, the man is an absolute beast.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    with our young-inexperienced (and sometimes not very good) OL, dink-and-dunk makes sense doesnt it? That just seems logical. We are only as good as when Ben is on the field... so tired of him taking too many hits. Granted he is deadly when he escapes and makes something happen, but there is also a double sided sword to that. I really like the way the offense is going.

Once we get closer to the playoffs and into the playoffs... defenses will adjust and start to play us closer to account for the dink and dunk, then we can gash them with Wallace (and AB and Sanders) deep (b/c our OL will/is improving week in and week out). Then the defenses wont know how to stop us...

"chuck and duck"
    btw... that is classic!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

I love the fact that we are a balanced offensive attack now. I don't miss the long ball at all really, it was exciting, but I much prefer the way our offense is running now.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKandGOLD View Post
    I love the new offense. At first, I absolutely hated it because we weren't getting the deep shots down field to Wallace like we used to but now I really am getting used to it. The new offense is keeping Ben off the ground and that will extend his career by years. Another great thing is the time of possession. I can't remember a Steelers team in recent memory that has been able to take control of the TOP like this team, and its all because of this offense. It also gets Heath involved a lot more and you can't go wrong there, the man is an absolute beast.
    Agree with this post 100 percent. I absolutely love the new offense and I think it is just going to get better and better. I do not miss the long ball at all, but I have a feeling we are going to start seeing more of it as this offense evolves.

Thread Information