Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Getting pretty sick of AB's showboating..

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    He's been doing this he got to Pittsburgh? I dunno about that...he gets up and does the Santonio "First down" after he makes a 1st down, and thats about it.....
    He does it every time he makes a catch..

Reppin' 724

There ya go...the guy works out with Ochocinco....I love it!!! Celebrate everything AB!!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Shows how stupid the league has gotten. Everytime you make a play you need to celebrate? That's flat..out...stupid.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    He does it every time he makes a catch..
    I've noticed that too, sometimes he does the Santonio "first down" point even when he didn't get a first down.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Rookie Free Agent
    If i had to make a list of things i loathe about watching nfl football, showboating would be right in the top 3. The worst is when you see a guy on a team who's getting their butt whipped to a little diddy on a first down they just got...it's ridiculous.

Football is an emotional game played by young people. They are going to be emotional about it, and if that means celebrating, then **** it. Who cares? If anything, it shows they still care about the game, that they still have fun playing. I really don't see how it is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Football is an emotional game played by young people. They are going to be emotional about it, and if that means celebrating, then **** it. Who cares? If anything, it shows they still care about the game, that they still have fun playing. I really don't see how it is a big deal.
    I don't mind getting hyped after a huge play, but it's the excessive showboating that gets me ticked. Especially if your showboating draws a flag and hurts your team. It's also pretty annoying how he has to do something after EVERY catch (flex, point, etc).
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    football has always been an emotional game played by young people. That's not an excuse. These idiots today show boat on routine plays. It's stupid and idiotic. AB is a constant idiot that he must showboat after every completed pass. Tomlin has counseled him on stuff like that before. I think it's time to start fining guys when they do that. Celebrate after a score.

Not on routine plays. Gzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Fight

Re: Getting pretty sick of AB's showboating..

Time for Tomlin cliche" It is what it is" if you dont like it dont watch football it's on every team

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't care about the showboating.....AB is awesome on punt returns......He still is just a solid number 2 WR......Of course people will take it that I'm knocking him but when you consider the amount of targets he gets from Ben a game then his numbers should be much better and really should have more then 1 TD reception....Again I'll say it will be easier to replace AB the WR then losing Mike Wallace (even with the drops)......Wallace is still on pace for 80+ catches, 1100 yards, 9 TDs...........

I like AB and glad he was resigned but the Steelers better find a way to pay Wallace to.......But I'm afraid since the Steelers are going to be so cap strung due to past contracts (especially on the defensive)......cough cough Troy, James, just to name a few......

Thread Information