Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to the Giants game next Sunday...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

Looking ahead to the Giants game next Sunday...

This once again is going to be another key key game that the Steelers are going to need to win to once again set themselves to put themselves in position to catch the Ravens when they meet them 3 weeks from tonight on November 18th. The Ravens the next 2 weeks play at the Browns and then have the Raiders at home. While it's possible the Ravens could lose 1 of those 2 games the better chance being in Cleveland next Sunday the odds are they most likely will not and they will be 7-2 going into the game against the Steelers in 3 weeks. Which is why next week is so so important that the Steelers somehow find a way to steal this game in New York against the Giants and keep themselves in position to stay 1 game behind the Ravens going into that 1st showdown with them here at Heinz Field on November 18th.

Let's face it while I know anything can happen and nobody expected the Steelers to lose at both Oakland and at Tennessee there is just no way possible that I see the Chiefs coming into Heinz Field on Monday night in 2 weeks and beating the Steelers at home. So that is why winning next week and setting yourself up to be 6-3 going into the Baltimore game is so so important. Right now that loss the Steelers had to the Titans is an absolute killer. Had they won that game which they most definitely should have they would be 5-2 and tied with the Ravens with another AFC win and a 3-2 conference record and could almost afford to lose that game next week to the Giants because it would be a non-conference loss and it would at the very worst keep you 1 game behind the Ravens going into that game with them in 3 weeks. Now because you lost to the Titans if you lose next week to the Giants you are most likely going to be 2 games behind the Ravens instead of 1. It's almost like the Steelers need to makeup for losing to both the Raiders and Titans on the road by going into New York next week and beating the Giants. It's a huge game and I think a win in New York next week against the defending champs can go a long long way to getting the Steelers on the right track to making a serious serious run to start the 2nd half of the season....

NY needs to beat Dallas tonight. If they lose tonight, they'll slaughter us next week.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    NY needs to beat Dallas tonight. If they lose tonight, they'll slaughter us next week.
    ^this

The Steelers will not be considered a serious contender unless they can beat an above .500 team at their house. They put themselves in this situation losing to arguable the two worst teams in the NFL and I'm not sure they can dig their way out. That is asking a lot for this team to go into NY and beat the defending Superbowl champs on their turf. I just don't see it happening so please dissuade me either way from what my heart is telling me. If I had to put money on the game I'm taking the Giants to win. This team has let me down too many times in these exact situations.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Well we got what we wanted and needed the Giants hang on and beat the Cowboys 29-24 and have now won 4 in a row and have not lost in over a month. I think the Steelers the way they are playing now have the Giants right where they need them next week now. The Giants are not a real great home team and have had to hang on at home this season and overcome deficits against teams such as the Bucs,Browns and Redskins to win games at home. The Steelers are a much better team then all 3 of those teams. It's going to take a complete and total team effort to beat the Giants but right now as we sit here tonight I am saying I like the Steelers chances...

We'll have to play solid football at all three phases of the game, for all four quarters. No special team goofs, a tight defense, and a balanced offensive attack.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    The G men will score some points but we'll out score them. 27-24,around that ballpark....

Looking ahead to the Giants game next Sunday...

Giants secondary allowed huge numbers today by Romo... I suspect our game plan will be come out throwing..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    Hope our defense doesn't **** the bed, Giants can put up points......really wish we could have won against Raiders and Titans so this Giants game wouldn't have been so critical, I guess every game is now critical though since we lost to those garbage teams.
    Release the Keisel!

We should be 6-1, costly losses to bad teams leaves us in must win situations against good teams, thats the reality of this season now

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    True.

If we run the ball and stay balanced on offense, we can really punish the Giants when we do pass. Keep those pass rushers honest by giving them some Dwyer's ice cream.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information