Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Dwyer with back to back 100 yd games

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I hear ya, but I disagree with you.

Because I've been watching this kid since his Georgia Tech days. I knew his skill set coming into the league. And his skill set is (was) superiors to Mendy's.

1. Dwyer hits the hole..Mendy dances and studder steps
    2. Dwyer runs through arms that reach out for him...........Mendy gets pulled down by fist tackles
    3. Dwyer doesn't have negative carries....Mendy studders, dances and gets tackled for losses
    4. Dwyer doesn't fumble....Mendy fumbles at the most inopportune times

The only thing that Mendy does have that is better then Dwyer is the straight speed. But that isn't enough to make him a better back then Dwyer.

Prediction: Mendy won't be resigned next year because of the emergence of Dwyer. That will prove who management feels is the best runningback.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Jonathan Dwyer with back to back 100 yd games

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

Because I've been watching this kid since his Georgia Tech days. I knew his skill set coming into the league. And his skill set is (was) superiors to Mendy's.

2. Dwyer runs through arms that reach out for him...........Mendy gets pulled down by fist tackles
    3. Dwyer doesn't have negative carries....Mendy studders, dances and gets tackled for losses

The only thing that Mendy does have that is better then Dwyer is the straight speed. But that isn't enough to make him a better back then Dwyer.

Prediction: Mendy won't be resigned next year because of the emergence of Dwyer. That will prove who management feels is the best runningback.
    A running back in the NFL has to do more than run the ball. So even if Dwyer is better, I don't think he is at running the ball, Mendy is better at picking up blitzes and catching out of the backfield. Mendy is the more complete back.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Obviously Dwyer can get the job done in the shape he's in now, I just wish he was more in the shape he was at GT. He could run people over, and wouldn't get run down in open space. Now when he's got a clear shot someone is gonna run him down. Maybe it's nitpicking, but I just want Dwyer to be as good as he potentially can be, and I feel like he could be if he trimmed down a bit. That's all I was saying. The man can play, but he'd be better if he wasn't so fat lol.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The best player plays. 'Nuff said.

Dwyer has earned the start.

C-town

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Obviously Dwyer can get the job done in the shape he's in now, I just wish he was more in the shape he was at GT. He could run people over, and wouldn't get run down in open space. Now when he's got a clear shot someone is gonna run him down. Maybe it's nitpicking, but I just want Dwyer to be as good as he potentially can be, and I feel like he could be if he trimmed down a bit. That's all I was saying. The man can play, but he'd be better if he wasn't so fat lol.
    Point taken my friend.

You know, I wish he'd see the video of Walter Payton's workouts. Those videos were so good that Jerry Rice took on the same training regime as Payton. Need I say more?

It's kinda hard seeing the Front Office paying Mendy big bucks now with the emergence of Dwyer.

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    A running back in the NFL has to do more than run the ball. So even if Dwyer is better, I don't think he is at running the ball, Mendy is better at picking up blitzes and catching out of the backfield. Mendy is the more complete back.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2
    I hear what your saying. But picking up blitzers and catching out of the backfield can be learned. Dwyer has the better body to handle blitzer. And Dwyer has only caught a couple of balls so I don't see a lack of proficiency in that either.

Mendy is in trouble as far as being the future starter at the runningback position. Dwyer is better.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

Mendy was almost definitely going to be gone after this year no matter what happened.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

BIG NEWS

Dwyer couldn't practice today and it is being reported the Redman will get the start. If we can't run the ball effectively, we will be in a whole lot of trouble. Especially Ben.

JPP is going to be all over Ben if we can't keep that D-line honest.

Dwyer is doubtful anyway, so he probably won't have a big impact this week, if he even plays.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Mendy & Dwyer both out according to Twitter. Put Rainey in and pass every down.

Thread Information