Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Dwyer with back to back 100 yd games

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan Dwyer with back to back 100 yd games

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Mendy gone after the season save the cap room ... Dwyer and Rainey is a very good 1-2 punch
    Not really, Rainey isn't an NFL back on a regular basis.. But that's just my opinion..

My Mood
    Addicted
    Rainey would get devoured by the Ratbirds LB's and Dline if we use him as a 1-2 punch.

2nd String
    Not like Rainey will get 15 carriers ... all you need is a running back to have around 20 carries a game ... Dwyer gets 15+ and give Rainey the ball like 5 times a game ...

Rainey got to touch the ball around 5+ times a game because he big play potential ... and don't Rainey have a Goal Line TD this year? and just got a short yardage first down this game ... he can handle more then you guys probably give him credit for

My Mood
    jets-hater
    I think you have to continue to start him and he has earned the right to be the number 1 running back until further notice. How in the hell is Tomlin going to justify not starting Dwyer seeing how awesome he has run the ball the last 2 weeks. Simple answer to that question?? He cant and if he doesnt start Dwyer for the foreseeable future Tomlin is a complete moron...

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Don't if it will catch on but Hines Ward nicked named Dwyer "the minivan" .
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Clowns

Re: Jonathan Dwyer with back to back 100 yd games

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    If I make the call, Dwyer starts til he falters. Mendy will be a nice change of pace, I wANT THE BEST Plyer on the fiels not the fan or coaches favorite.
    This!

No more allegiance to veterans. Play the best player until he shows he can't handle it. JD has the hot hand now so keep him in there.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Big T...............WHERE IS BIG T?????????????

I told you last year that when Dwyer gets his weight down, that he would be the man on this team and you hammered me!! I have been watching Dwyer since his early days at Georgia Tech and I knew he'd be the man. And I said when he got drafted, that he would be better then Mendenhall.

Dwyer is just who I thought he was when we drafted him.He's a beast. A load. And if you don't see the resemblance he has to Bettis's running style then you need glasses.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Hammered you? You're being a little dramatic. You said that Dwyer is the most talented running back on the roster and that is what I disagreed with. I've always, ALWAYS liked Dwyer. I've always wanted him to be the #2 over Redman. **** before the 2010 draft, K Train and I had a conversation about the Steelers potentially drafting him in the 1st round before his weight issues and all that **** that caused him to drop (either Thunder and Lightening with CJ Spiller and Mendenhall or Thunder and Earthquake with Mendenhall and Dwyer). I absolutely loved picking him in the 6th.

If anyone ever has the time (which would be incredibly unlikely lol), go through my posts. Don't just take my word for it. But let's be rational here, no one can say that he's better than Mendenhall after 2 games. Be reasonable.

And the comment about Dwyer's weight... Have you seen him? He's still fat as **** lol.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Of course I said Dwyer is more talented then Mendenhall. And I stand by that now. Dwyer hits the hole with no dancing. Dwyer runs through arm tackles. And Dwyer isn't laying the ball on the carpet at critical junctures in games. Dwyer is the most talented back on the team. Oh..and Dwyer weight is fine. Stop grasping at straws and just give it up to Dwyer man!

Yes..you did support Dwyer over Redman but not over Mendy. And I told you last year that once Dwyer gets a chance to show his stuff, Mendy would be on the back burner. And it's happening.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I've given Dwyer his props. He's played extremely well and that's great. And I'm not grasping at any straws. For Dwyer to reach his potential he still needs to lose some weight around that mid section. I just want him to do some more sit ups lol.
    Last edited by Big T; 10-29-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Thread Information