Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TIME TO DEMOTE ISAAC REDMAN ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic

TIME TO DEMOTE ISAAC REDMAN ?

With the emergence of Johnathan Dwyer whom possess more speed and better cutting ability the Steelers brass should consider this move.With Will Johnson on the roster and playing a big role in the offense Isaac is not needed as a starter.The Tandem of Dwyer/Mendenhall is much more formidable. What do you think ?

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: TIME TO DEMOTE ISAAC REDMAN ?

Tomlin said last year that Dwyer can run the ball. It was his pass protection and catching balls out of the backfield that kept him on the bench. I didn't really pay attention to his other skills Sunday, but if they gave improved, then yes.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

The way he played on Sunday, yes, he deserves a shot..... would like to see him do it for more than one game, before everyone states the ridiculous Bettis comparisons.

The bigger question is, what the hell happened to Redman?? Last year, he seemed to run with more power and determination. Now, he is in danger of falling further down on the depth chart.
    "It's time to plant some seeds. What that means is, hit them in the mouth. Ya know, plant some seeds. Show 'em what time it is." - Levon Kirkland

wow look at how the mighty redman has fallen out of favor :-)

TIME TO DEMOTE ISAAC REDMAN ?

Demote?? He was never good enough to be #2 at any point. Dwyer stuck his nose in there to pick up a blitzer, few more games under his belt he could be a great back..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Shocking!

Reppin' 724
    I knew people were gonna be all over Dwyer's (who I like btw) jock as soon as colinsworth said the word Bettis....

I was never a huge redman fan...if Dwyer can keep it up, Im fine with him being #3

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was thinking about this earlier today and was going to make a thread but you beat me to it..LOL. For the record I still think Redman is a good back, but he does seem to thrive more when he's not the #1 one guy.

So when Mendy gets back, do you go with him and Dwyer or let JD go back to the bench? Injuries are a part of the game and you can't just hand a job back to a veteran just because they are coming back from an injury that's kept them out of action.

The Steelers are not a team that has been too keen on the ideal of "what have you done for me lately". They have always been more of "you've done a lot in the past so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt". That's part of the reason we are having depth issues right now and not being able to replace older players.

If Dwyer has the hot hand then put him in there with Mendy and let the two go to work.

My Mood
    Sunshine

Re: TIME TO DEMOTE ISAAC REDMAN ?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I'm for whom ever gets the job done. As for Redman falling out of favor, we'll see what the coaching staff think.

Fan opinions usually don't carry much clout.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

2nd String
    Throw some Rainey in there too. That sure will keep the opposition guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    With the emergence of Johnathan Dwyer whom possess more speed and better cutting ability the Steelers brass should consider this move.With Will Johnson on the roster and playing a big role in the offense Isaac is not needed as a starter.The Tandem of Dwyer/Mendenhall is much more formidable. What do you think ?

Thread Information