Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: runningbacks

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    I swear to God if we draft a RB, I will take a poop on Tomlin's desk.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    willie is the man, but when a team had a solid defense he couldnt move, how long is najeh gonna be around? hes a FA and might not even stay, haynes is terrible....is it a wasted pick now? I think Najeh will stay and i really like him but he hasnt done THAT much to make me think he could be the guy, not to mention he has a past of injuries. Who knows, with a full training camp under his belt he might be great, but i dont know how a quality running back could be a wasted pick in the second or third round. when we really dont have any HUGE needs at this point.
    How do we not have HUGE needs? The OL is getting old and slowly falling apart, our LB's need depth way more than we need it at RB. Maaaaaaaybe we take a RB on day 2.....maybe. No way can we waste a pick on a RB on day one. We need someone in front of the RB, look at Arizona, all that talent, but no O-line ( I am not suggesting we are in the same debacle). O-line is the key to everything, I personally want to see our 1st and 3rd rounds picks used on OL/LB's.

we have damn good oline players, now that cowher is gone that will show, hartings shouldnt have played last year, he just plain and simple got manhandled but cowher liked him, had history with him so he played him. Now we have plenty of oline talent, and they are mostly second and third year guys. Im telling you without cowher playing favorites we will be a better team. As for the LBs, Porter, Haggans, Harrison, other harrison, foote, farrior, big white guy (starts with a k???). Now i agree we need to draft a LB day one, hell we need on round one, but the 2nd and 3rd are open picks for us. RB depth is an issue and i dont know how you cant see that.

Reppin' 724
    we have damn good oline players, now that cowher is gone that will show, hartings shouldnt have played last year, he just plain and simple got manhandled but cowher liked him, had history with him so he played him. Now we have plenty of oline talent, and they are mostly second and third year guys. Im telling you without cowher playing favorites we will be a better team. As for the LBs, Porter, Haggans, Harrison, other harrison, foote, farrior, big white guy (starts with a k???). Now i agree we need to draft a LB day one, hell we need on round one, but the 2nd and 3rd are open picks for us. RB depth is an issue and i dont know how you cant see that.
    I agree on the favorites deal, but we need to draft OL help day one also, someone to put some pressure on these other guys. So there is two day one picks gone, and you still have people calling for a tall WR.

Kriewalt is who you are thinking of.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    I agree on the favorites deal, but we need to draft OL help day one also, someone to put some pressure on these other guys. So there is two day one picks gone, and you still have people calling for a tall WR.

Kriewalt is who you are thinking of.
    Well here is the thing with the draft. I agree totally with Stillers that Oline and LBs are major needs. But I don't want to reach for position just since its a need position. I like picking the best available player. Say in the third round if that best player is a RB then that would make sense since there is some depth concerns at RB.

The starter isn't a concern hell Willie Parker is proving to be one of the Best RB's in the NFL. But if he goes down then I'm really cocerned. I like Davenport but I would be worried if he took over the starters role due to injury.

Haynes I don't even count him since he is always hurt.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-29-2007 at 06:41 PM.

we have a tall reciver and his name is heath miller, other than that they are overrated, unless a colsten type player just falls in our lap. Oline will be adressed, but mabey not til later on, we drafted colon in the late rounds so i mean the talent in the later rounds isnt garbage.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    willie is the man, but when a team had a solid defense he couldnt move, how long is najeh gonna be around? hes a FA and might not even stay, haynes is terrible....is it a wasted pick now? I think Najeh will stay and i really like him but he hasnt done THAT much to make me think he could be the guy, not to mention he has a past of injuries. Who knows, with a full training camp under his belt he might be great, but i dont know how a quality running back could be a wasted pick in the second or third round. when we really dont have any HUGE needs at this point.

Considering our OL was swiss cheese all of last year it's amazing that he rushed for as many yards and TD's as he did. He stepped up in a big way last year even with a sub par OL blocking for him. I'd be completely blind sided if we took a RB on day 1. There's if far too many good back available on day 2 that can fill in and give us some depth. I like our OL as a whole,and the depth we have but they didnt play well last year and I fully expect them to bounce back in 2007. We will need some OL depth in this draft, preferably on day 1

The Steelers rarely go after RB's on day 1 because of that simple fact. I like what Davenport brings to the table and stayed pretty healthy all year, all be it with limited work. I'd like to see us take a RB on day 2 though for depth and to help make the backup roles between Haynes, Davenport, and Kuhn even more competitive.

Are you saying you wouldnt want us to take leonard if he happened to be in the third round....the guy is as versatile as they come....what a matchup hell, hes like the white reggie bush, just not as athletic lol

Reppin' 724
    Are you saying you wouldnt want us to take leonard if he happened to be in the third round....the guy is as versatile as they come....what a matchup hell, hes like the white reggie bush, just not as athletic lol
    We dont need a scat back.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    willie was the same in 2005, got all his yards against the likes of the titans bengals and texans, and was nowhere to be seen in the games with a decent defense........ and in the superbowl if he doesn't break the run he again sucks.....willie needs that extra back....and dookie while a good special teams player isn't that back, he's soft, sure he can blow up a browns defender but he isn't anything special.....like 32 said, if the best player available is a rb then the steelers should take him cause depth is much needed for us.....and it's not a guarantee that dookie will be back........ but i rather have blalock or a badass LB in the first round...... and in the second round we should get what we didn't in the first, an ol or lb
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information