Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: runningbacks

Bookmark and Share

runningbacks

Now although not our biggest need, what if we can grab some stud in the second or 3rd round, it might just be a best player available situation and skill guys go pretty quick. Heres guys that i want to be in black and gold, none of which are likely to go in the first.

Michael Bush - amazing, possible first but i doubt it

Brian Leonard- He is a RUNNINGBACK, not a full back, god forbid there be a white rb in the league, hes so good its ridiculous

Tony Hunt- Penn state....nufced

Kenny Irons- Irons....steel city...cmon

Antonio Pittman-Hes pretty good

Garrett wolfe- hes so good, but in a warrick dunn kinda way

what do you guys think....i personally dont want haynes back and although davenport is a good all around weapon, hes not a great back...we do need some depth here.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i'd really love to see us take hunt if available in the 2nd round, the dude would be a perfect compliment to willie

pitman i wouldn't really want

irons i don't know much about

i've never heard of wolfe

Leonard i've never seen him play but i've heard good things....

bush, i wouldn't mind either, but will he be the same after his leg injury???
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

this is all you have to see about leonard

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp2WqYIttKg[/MEDIA]

Wolfe played for NIU and led the NCAA in rushing (i think)

Bush didnt hurt his leg that bad, it was a simple fracture of his tibia, no hardcore damage.

House of Steel
    I would be very happy with Bush or Leonard.

Reppin' 724
    no no no no no no no no no NO!!! We do not need to waste any picks on RB's.

why not? willie was inconsistant last year, 200 yards one game, 20 the next. And if willie went down is najeh the guy? its not a wasted pick, we all like to think willie can handle all the work but really he needs other guys to keep him fresh so he can break that 50 yarder in the fourth quarter.

Reppin' 724
    It is a wasted pick. When Willie had bad games, it was not his fault, it was 90% on the O-line. Willie EARNED every single yard he got this year, if they use Najeh with Willie, then they are going to be golden. There is no reason at all to waste a pick on a RB just b/c people want to have another "big name" in B&G.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Bush, Leonard and Hunt will be all very good picks for the Steelers.

The thing about Leonard I agree Train, he is a good RB. But I like the fact he can play both RB/FB for depth purposes. Plus he can a little H-Back/TE role.

Bush would be the perfect big power back for the Steelers. I think he will be fine coming off his injury.

Tony Hunt seems to be a good tough runner. Not as big as Bush but still has good power for the short yardage role.

Other RB's to take note of are.

Justin Vincent from LSU
    Chris Henry from Arizona
    Tyrone Moss from the U
    Jackie Battle from Houston

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    It is a wasted pick. When Willie had bad games, it was not his fault, it was 90% on the O-line. Willie EARNED every single yard he got this year, if they use Najeh with Willie, then they are going to be golden. There is no reason at all to waste a pick on a RB just b/c people want to have another "big name" in B&G.
    There is some depth concerns at RB. Yes Willie Parker is fine as the starter. No problem there. But Dookie Davenport has a history of injury problems. I'm not sold on him at all. He is alright but if Willie went down for a long time. I wouldn't be confident in Dookie handling the starters role.

Then there is Verron Haynes but he can't be counted on. He is always hurt. So the Steelers would be wise to sign a free agent RB or draft a RB at sometime in the draft. I'm not saying in the first two round and I'm not sure in the third not unless if a RB drops worth taking. But in the 2nd day of the draft a RB would be a smart pick for depth purposes.

willie is the man, but when a team had a solid defense he couldnt move, how long is najeh gonna be around? hes a FA and might not even stay, haynes is terrible....is it a wasted pick now? I think Najeh will stay and i really like him but he hasnt done THAT much to make me think he could be the guy, not to mention he has a past of injuries. Who knows, with a full training camp under his belt he might be great, but i dont know how a quality running back could be a wasted pick in the second or third round. when we really dont have any HUGE needs at this point.

Thread Information