Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that we've seen some Steeler football...... is the sky the limit?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Let me first say, this is a good thread topic.

I do see what the thread starter is saying. But there are three keys to us making the playoffs.

1. Being able to run the ball which gives the team balance as a whole. It's obvious that when we run the ball, it's good for Ben, it's good for the defense being off the field and it establishes the team's identity too.

2. We've got to score more TD's in the red zone. If we continue to kick as many field goals that we do, it will come back to bite us in the *** as it did against the Titans and Raiders.

3. Coverage in the secondary has to improve. Period. This 10 yard cushion crap that we give to teams wide receivers has to stop!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Since when have the Steelers been a consistent team? Besides the '08 dream season. That was awesome.

2nd String
    The offense put teams away. The D opened the door right back up.

Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    10 games left, 6 at home wow!!, we only played 2 Home games in the 1st 7 weeks, crazy but great now

nonetheless, I dont see it.. we cant score enough points, and with the exception of the 2nd half of sunday we cant stop anyone. ...
    on O, Ben couldnt put the game away 2 times against cinci, unable to put Oak and Tenn away on our last possession(s), only Philli at home Ben was able to do it after Vick gave us the game...he has good numbers but unable to put teams away

as far as our future schedule, the easiest is behind us...Tenn and Oakland, them 2 gonna bite us later

I dont think were that good after this one win against as team we always beat

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    10 games left, 6 at home wow!!, we only played 2 Home games in the 1st 7 weeks, crazy but great now

nonetheless, I dont see it.. we cant score enough points, and with the exception of the 2nd half of sunday we cant stop anyone. ...
    on O, Ben couldnt put the game away 2 times against cinci, unable to put Oak and Tenn away on our last possession(s), only Philli at home Ben was able to do it after Vick gave us the game...he has good numbers but unable to put teams away

as far as our future schedule, the easiest is behind us...Tenn and Oakland, them 2 gonna bite us later

I dont think were that good after this one win against as team we always beat
    If by " we cant score enough points" yuo mean we can't score enough to survive the turtleing and bend and break defense, you are absolutely right
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Since when have the Steelers been a consistent team? Besides the '08 dream season. That was awesome.
    Ben's rookie year until they lost to NE at home in the AFC championship.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The schedule is favorable for us in late November thru December which is good. We win at home which is also good. Any other year I'd say that's a recipe for success but we need to string a few wins together first.

Thread Information