Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When is Troy going to return???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    He may come back against KC. Please don't hate on Troy until you know the extent of his injury.

Go hate on Wallace.

I would venture a safe guess that everyone on this site knows that when Troy is healthy and on his game he's still an elite player. He may not be quick as quick as he used to be but he's still a game changer. Plus Will Allen and Ryan Mundy aren't anywhere near as good as he is (although I prefer Allen over Mundy personally).

It's not a matter of hating on Troy, it's a matter of the dude just not staying healthy. He's missed 18 games over the last 4 seasons, that's all but 5 games per year. That's not even counting the games he played where he was still hurt and nowhere near his usual self. He can be the best safety ever in the history of the game, but he's just not on the field so therefore does us no good.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    not this week...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm going to be nice and just not say anything about Troy......I have said enough in the past.....lol But the defense should be used to playing without him so I don't want to hear that excuse anymore from the D.......
    agree, I dont think much of Troy when injury reports come out...now I am routing for Pouncy to return this week...I accept the fact that Troy is, for all intents and purposes , not on the team, and If/when he returns that would be great bonus, but only if he's healthy which I dont expect him to be anytime this yr (or ever)

Troy seems to get more camera time when he's on the bench anyway, so it seems lately

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I'm not sure it matters. For my money Troy was the best defensive player I've ever seen. .... "was being the key word.

Would love to have him back for the Giants game, but probably not. Perhaps he needs to join some of his teammates in Florida for Shaw's offseason conditioning camp. I'm not saying Troy is out of shape, but it seems like this guy Shaw really helps athletes stay in shape and devleop a good core.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    We should be addressing the safety position no later then our second pick in the draft.
    We need a defensive playmaker, badly. Almost doesn't matter what position at this point. Safety is definitely a big area of need. So is OLB. At this point (depending on who is available) they should consider trading their first and second or first and third and move up to get that guy who's going to make a difference. We need to get that guy now, so by 2017, he can finally get a couple plays in regular season games and by 2020 he can finally be ready to start for a year before he retires.

When is Troy going to return???

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    We need a defensive playmaker, badly. Almost doesn't matter what position at this point. Safety is definitely a big area of need. So is OLB. At this point (depending on who is available) they should consider trading their first and second or first and third and move up to get that guy who's going to make a difference. We need to get that guy now, so by 2017, he can finally get a couple plays in regular season games and by 2020 he can finally be ready to start for a year before he retires.
    Lol!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Addicted
    Tomlin on Troy's injury: "It is what it is. Next question"

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    So in other words, "I have no idea."
    A safety should definitely be high on the draft priority list next year imo.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Is that literally what he said? Or is that just you playing on the Tomlin cliche' answer?
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information