Thread: 'SKINS GAME ANOTHER CRUCIAL ONE FOR STEELERS

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Paranoid

'SKINS GAME ANOTHER CRUCIAL ONE FOR STEELERS

After their Week 8 bye, the Ravens will rebound to go to 7-2 after beating the Brownies on the road and Oakland @ home. With the Steelers traveling to NY to face the Jints in Week 9, then home again vs. KC on a Mon. Nite Game, their upcoming home game vs. Washington looms as crucial. Lose and we run the risk of being 4-5 when we face
    Baltimore in Week 11, and staring at the possibility of falling a full 4 games behind in the Division. And that assumes a win vs. KC in week 10.
    Redskins are coming off a tough loss vs. the Giants in which they lost their starting TE, Fred Davis for the season. Star linebacker London Fletcher was also hurt and may not play vs. Steelers. We should be favored by 5-6 points. Bottom line is this: best case scenario is Steelers win next three and face off against Ratbirds in Week 11 for Division lead. If we can't win the Giant game, home wins vs. Wash., KC, & Balt. will at least put us just one game behind in the AFC North.

P.S. Last night was a crushing blow for Bengals. Following their Week 8 bye they face Denver and then NY Giants; that may mean their losing streak goes to 5 and their season is pretty much over.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 10-22-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo
    STEELSPIKES

Key here is not to shoot self in the foot on offense. Redskins are DEAD LAST in pass yards per game allowed with 328.0 ypg. They only give up 85 ypg on the ground, but i think its because everyone just throws the ball on them. RGIII will score and give the Steelers fits if they don't contain him on defense. Might be a mini-shooout, but as long as the Steelers don't turn the ball over and settle for 3's instead of 7's, they should win this game in similar fashion as they did vs Cincy. Thing is, all of Washington's WR's are pretty small so our bigger physical CB's should be able to jam them off the LOS and upset the timing. Steelers need a push up the middle so RGIII has nowhere to run.

Very winnable game, but can't let Washington hang around.
    Last edited by Goodfrom55; 10-22-2012 at 06:16 PM.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Pretty much need to win at least 2 out of these next 3 games before the Ravens game and at least go into that game at 5-4. The Ravens at Cleveland with all of their injuries is no gimmie game as well as the Browns have been playing lately. They have hung in there and Weeden I feel can give their banged up defense some problems. The Steelers pretty much need to win thisgame against the Skins Sunday at home and get to 4-3 and take their chances going into the Giants game. Hopefully the Giants beat the Cowboys this weekend and then they will come home and be long overdue for a loss. I dont think they play as good at home as they do on the road for some reason so I feel the Steelers might be able to win that game in New York in 2 weeks. I agree with you about the Bengals I think that loss last night was crushing and I look for them to be a non-factor in this division as the season moves forward. This division is still coming down to the Steelers and Ravens when all is said and done. The Ravens have let the Steelers hang around and get back into this race and it's time to take advantage of it and do something about it unlike last season...

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    After their Week 8 bye, the Ravens will rebound to go to 7-2 after beating the Brownies on the road and Oakland @ home. With the Steelers traveling to NY to face the Jints in Week 9, then home again vs. KC on a Mon. Nite Game, their upcoming home game vs. Washington looms as crucial. Lose and we run the risk of being 4-5 when we face
    Baltimore in Week 11, and staring at the possibility of falling a full 4 games behind in the Division. And that assumes a win vs. KC in week 10.
    Redskins are coming off a tough loss vs. the Giants in which they lost their starting TE, Fred Davis for the season. Star linebacker London Fletcher was also hurt and may not play vs. Steelers. We should be favored by 5-6 points. Bottom line is this: best case scenario is Steelers win next three and face off against Ratbirds in Week 11 for Division lead. If we can't win the Giant game, home wins vs. Wash., KC, & Balt. will at least put us just one game behind in the AFC North.

P.S. Last night was a crushing blow for Bengals. Following their Week 8 bye they face Denver and then NY Giants; that may mean their losing streak goes to 5 and their season is pretty much over.
    The Ravens schedule is much tougher to finish the season then the Steelers I feel. The Ravens after their bye week will be done with the Browns while the Steelers will still get them twice,play KC and an overrated SD team at home. Plus, they still get the Bengals at home as well. The Ravens still have to go to Pittsburgh,San Diego,Washington,and at Cincy. Plus, they still have to play both Manning brothers in Baltimore which is never easy. The Steelers clearly have a more favorable schedule then the Ravens coming down the stretch...

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Ravens schedule is much tougher to finish the season then the Steelers I feel. The Ravens after their bye week will be done with the Browns while the Steelers will still get them twice,play KC and an overrated SD team at home. Plus, they still get the Bengals at home as well. The Ravens still have to go to Pittsburgh,San Diego,Washington,and at Cincy. Plus, they still have to play both Manning brothers in Baltimore which is never easy. The Steelers clearly have a more favorable schedule then the Ravens coming down the stretch...
    Good points, but still we don't want to get so far behind before that final segment of the season. Weeeks 7-11, more or less the mid-section of the season is what we are now entering. This section sets the stage for the final stretch.
    STEELSPIKES

Well no ****.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't think the Ravens game against the Browns is a slam dunk. The Browns are smarting from when they almost beat them a month ago. Ravens defense is just average now so anything can happen. It's a divisional game so the intensity will be there for the Browns.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Playing with anything less than complete desperation is just not advisable. We need to win and keep on winning, and no more of this win 1 and lose 2 crap. Go into that Ravens game being only down to them by 1 game and then seize control and move forward.

As Harrison92 pointed out, the Deadskins are last against the pass. They lost their TE for the season... they need to contain Robert though.

LeBeau has to come up with a Blitzburgh game plan, that's all!
    Last edited by LevonKirkland99; 10-23-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The best way to help our weak *** secondary is to keep them off the field. With that said, we need to get the running game going and dominate time of possession. Also, with the running game going, less hits on Ben and play action passing will be deadly. The key for our success is running the ball effectively. Anything else and we are asking for another upset loss.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information