Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How does DL handle RGIII Ben should have a good day.

Bookmark and Share
    This would be a good game to have Troy. He obviously won't play, but he'd be able to confuse RGIII as well as keeping him in check with how often he's in the box. Shame.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I am so unimpressed with RGIII. I've watched almost every Redskin game this season and honestly he's seen as good because of the amount of publicity he's getting, not visa versa.
    Seriously? I watched him yesterday against the Giants. I was very impressed. Not only can he run well, but he's a very good passer (he's the 3rd ranked QB in the league, behind Rogers and Peyton.) And he's rushed for 468 yards so far to boot. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play the Steelers and for his career, which looks to be a very bright one.

RGIII is a very good for a rookie QB on a mediocre team. Should be a great game, probably very close.
    And yes, Ben should have a big day through the air.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Don't care about Ben's big day in the air. When we are able to run, we win. I want to see more of Dwyer doing his thing again this Sunday. When Dwyer runs, it makes everything better.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I think if you want to stop RGIII you have to keep him in the pocket locking him in so he can't use his scrambling ability. If you go way back to Pitt vs Atlanta ( early Michael Vick) that scheme worked for 3 quarters ( can't imagine why we went to prevent in the 4th).

I know RGIII is more accurate than Vick but if we allow him to run around free it could be a long day.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

How does DL handle RGIII Ben should have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Don't care about Ben's big day in the air. When we are able to run, we win. I want to see more of Dwyer doing his thing again this Sunday. When Dwyer runs, it makes everything better.
    Ditto!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I am so unimpressed with RGIII. I've watched almost every Redskin game this season and honestly he's seen as good because of the amount of publicity he's getting, not visa versa.
    Uhhhhhhhhhh

He could of ran for a 20 yard play the other day instead of going for it he threw a 50 yard pass... yep sure sounds unimpressive and lacks the knowledge.

I can't wait until he comes in and dicks all over Lebeau's defense to prove you wrong.

He's an amazing talent, will be much better than Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I can't wait until he comes in and dicks all over Lebeau's defense to prove you wrong.
    Spoken like a true Steelers fan...

My Mood
    Manic
    Better Rookie than Ben ? um Ben went 13-0 his rookie year was a Offensive Rookie of the Year. So I will reserve my comments on this comparison till the end of the season . RGIII and Ben Roethlisberger don't belong in the same sentence yet. RGIII has looked good so far but if he doesn't learn how to slide he won't be around for long.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhh

He could of ran for a 20 yard play the other day instead of going for it he threw a 50 yard pass... yep sure sounds unimpressive and lacks the knowledge.

He's an amazing talent, will be much better than Luck.
    Oh you mean the Dick LeBeau led Defense that is Ranked 2nd overall 2nd in pass yards per game2nd in total points given up and 9th against the run . RGIII IS good but will be no match for the Steelers Defense only 1 Rookie QB has ever beaten a Dick LeBeau led Defense so i don't understand your problem with DL he has solid game plans every week but if the players don't make the plays you can put who ever you want on the sidelines it won't make any difference ,For example Wade Phillips has been the Defensive coordinator for the Texans for a few years and there Defense was horrible for almost every year untill the last 2 years because he has the talent on the field.If you played Football you would get it.

p.s
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 10-23-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Thread Information