Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Trading Wallce

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Waterboy Heath83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2

    Trading Wallce

    Probably never going to happen, but with the trade deadline upcoming, would be terrific to see them trade Wallace. With Brown, Miller, Cotchery, and Sanders, the Steelers are in good hands with their receiving corps.

    Yes, Wallace stretches the field, but with his inability to catch a football anyway, why should teams worry about him anyway? The odds of him being resigned are slim, so might as well see what can be done. Granted, he is going to have to probably sign an extension with anyone else, in order for them to acquire him via trade... but, at this point, it seems like a split between the Steelers and Wallace is probably best for everyone.

    If Sanders can finally stay healthy, they should consider signing him to an extension.

    Wallace has WAY overvalued his worth on the open market. Speed receivers, who can't run more than one route, and have inconsistent hands, aren't exactly in high demand.

  2. #2
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,127

    Trading Wallce

    I love Heath Miller but hate this thread. Sorry but this has been beaten to death!

    Wallace was targeted 15 times, looking back it sucked he dropped a few but we won, lets move on...

    Wallace will not be traded..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  3. #3
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I agree, we've beaten this topic to death and back. I'll play along though and add that while I would hate to see him jet outta town and us not get anything in return after the years spent developing him into a good receiver, that's just life in the NFL. For the time being, this team can use all the weapons they can get their hands on, especially with an inconsistent running game. That means Wallace sticks around and they try again to get him signed after the year is over.


    One thing is for sure, he's not helping his cause by having these drops and inconsistent games.

  4. #4
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,136
    Jesus Christ... I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

    His inability to catch? Talk about overreaction Monday. He had a bad game. If you play long enough you'll have a couple. Granted it was the worst game of his career in terms of drops, dropping one less catch than all of last season, but saying he cant catch is ludicrous.

    "Why should teams worry about him anyway?"... That might be the most ridiculous thing ever said on here, and that's saying something when you have a poster like Flame around here. Unfortunately all defense coordinators don't think like you.

    Oh ya, welcome to SA
    Last edited by Big T; 10-22-2012 at 04:59 PM.

  5. #5
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ohio (Clowns country)
    Posts
    1,844
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Jesus Christ... I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

    His inability to catch? Talk about overreaction Monday. He had a bad game. If you play long enough you'll have a couple. Granted it was the worst game of his career in terms of drops, dropping one less catch than all of last season, but saying he cant catch is ludicrous.

    "Why should teams worry about him anyway?"... That might be the most ridiculous thing ever said on here, and that's saying something when you have a poster like Flame around here. Unfortunately all defense coordinators don't think like you.

    Oh ya, welcome to SA
    one bad game? This is like his third bad game in a row. He was also non-existent in the second half of last season. We all know he was the ability, but he's playing with no heart. Not a way to represent yourself if you want a big contract from any team.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

  6. #6
    Starter SteelCityKid5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath83 View Post
    Probably never going to happen, but with the trade deadline upcoming, would be terrific to see them trade Wallace. With Brown, Miller, Cotchery, and Sanders, the Steelers are in good hands with their receiving corps.

    Yes, Wallace stretches the field, but with his inability to catch a football anyway, why should teams worry about him anyway? The odds of him being resigned are slim, so might as well see what can be done. Granted, he is going to have to probably sign an extension with anyone else, in order for them to acquire him via trade... but, at this point, it seems like a split between the Steelers and Wallace is probably best for everyone.

    If Sanders can finally stay healthy, they should consider signing him to an extension.

    Wallace has WAY overvalued his worth on the open market. Speed receivers, who can't run more than one route, and have inconsistent hands, aren't exactly in high demand.

    Should have stopped there

  7. #7
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    i hate mike wallace.

    he's gone after the season anyway.

    I can survive another 2 months seeing that fag in a steelers jersey.

  8. #8
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    i hate mike wallace.

    he's gone after the season anyway.

    I can survive another 2 months seeing that fag in a steelers jersey.
    If you will, please define the word "hypocrite"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    people should have more respect he was a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    Whilst some of you are woodcutters and burger king flippers.

  9. #9
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    If you will, please define the word "hypocrite"...
    definitely quoted this a few times myself....jonathan scott lol

    wallaces "inability to catch the ball"...jesus lol

    ive been in favor of signing him or trading him, letting him walk is just silly though. Dolphins were looking at bowe, whos in the same situation just making $10 million more this year....colbert should shoot jeff ireland a text

  10. #10
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Franchise him to buy time try to sign him to a long term deal. Steelers would likely want a #1 for him, no one will give it up.
    He's not going anywhere and I hope he doesn't. He takes the top off of defenses which allows everyone else to get open.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trading #18
    By JollyRob68 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 01:06 PM
  2. trading down in the draft?
    By xxxsteelernation in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
  3. Trading down for value
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •