Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading Wallce

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Trading Wallce

Probably never going to happen, but with the trade deadline upcoming, would be terrific to see them trade Wallace. With Brown, Miller, Cotchery, and Sanders, the Steelers are in good hands with their receiving corps.

Yes, Wallace stretches the field, but with his inability to catch a football anyway, why should teams worry about him anyway? The odds of him being resigned are slim, so might as well see what can be done. Granted, he is going to have to probably sign an extension with anyone else, in order for them to acquire him via trade... but, at this point, it seems like a split between the Steelers and Wallace is probably best for everyone.

If Sanders can finally stay healthy, they should consider signing him to an extension.

Wallace has WAY overvalued his worth on the open market. Speed receivers, who can't run more than one route, and have inconsistent hands, aren't exactly in high demand.

Trading Wallce

I love Heath Miller but hate this thread. Sorry but this has been beaten to death!

Wallace was targeted 15 times, looking back it sucked he dropped a few but we won, lets move on...

Wallace will not be traded..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I agree, we've beaten this topic to death and back. I'll play along though and add that while I would hate to see him jet outta town and us not get anything in return after the years spent developing him into a good receiver, that's just life in the NFL. For the time being, this team can use all the weapons they can get their hands on, especially with an inconsistent running game. That means Wallace sticks around and they try again to get him signed after the year is over.

One thing is for sure, he's not helping his cause by having these drops and inconsistent games.

Jesus Christ... I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

His inability to catch? Talk about overreaction Monday. He had a bad game. If you play long enough you'll have a couple. Granted it was the worst game of his career in terms of drops, dropping one less catch than all of last season, but saying he cant catch is ludicrous.

"Why should teams worry about him anyway?"... That might be the most ridiculous thing ever said on here, and that's saying something when you have a poster like Flame around here. Unfortunately all defense coordinators don't think like you.

Oh ya, welcome to SA
    Last edited by Big T; 10-22-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Jesus Christ... I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

His inability to catch? Talk about overreaction Monday. He had a bad game. If you play long enough you'll have a couple. Granted it was the worst game of his career in terms of drops, dropping one less catch than all of last season, but saying he cant catch is ludicrous.

"Why should teams worry about him anyway?"... That might be the most ridiculous thing ever said on here, and that's saying something when you have a poster like Flame around here. Unfortunately all defense coordinators don't think like you.

Oh ya, welcome to SA
    one bad game? This is like his third bad game in a row. He was also non-existent in the second half of last season. We all know he was the ability, but he's playing with no heart. Not a way to represent yourself if you want a big contract from any team.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath83 View Post
    Probably never going to happen, but with the trade deadline upcoming, would be terrific to see them trade Wallace. With Brown, Miller, Cotchery, and Sanders, the Steelers are in good hands with their receiving corps.

Yes, Wallace stretches the field, but with his inability to catch a football anyway, why should teams worry about him anyway? The odds of him being resigned are slim, so might as well see what can be done. Granted, he is going to have to probably sign an extension with anyone else, in order for them to acquire him via trade... but, at this point, it seems like a split between the Steelers and Wallace is probably best for everyone.

If Sanders can finally stay healthy, they should consider signing him to an extension.

Wallace has WAY overvalued his worth on the open market. Speed receivers, who can't run more than one route, and have inconsistent hands, aren't exactly in high demand.

Should have stopped there

My Mood
    Addicted
    i hate mike wallace.

he's gone after the season anyway.

I can survive another 2 months seeing that fag in a steelers jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    i hate mike wallace.

he's gone after the season anyway.

I can survive another 2 months seeing that fag in a steelers jersey.
    If you will, please define the word "hypocrite"...

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    people should have more respect he was a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Whilst some of you are woodcutters and burger king flippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    If you will, please define the word "hypocrite"...
    definitely quoted this a few times myself....jonathan scott lol

wallaces "inability to catch the ball"...jesus lol

ive been in favor of signing him or trading him, letting him walk is just silly though. Dolphins were looking at bowe, whos in the same situation just making $10 million more this year....colbert should shoot jeff ireland a text

Franchise him to buy time try to sign him to a long term deal. Steelers would likely want a #1 for him, no one will give it up.
    He's not going anywhere and I hope he doesn't. He takes the top off of defenses which allows everyone else to get open.

Thread Information