Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Mike Adams?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Kind of hard for me to tell anything about Mike Adams judging by yesterday because he did have so much help. We'll see in the next few weeks if they'll start giving him a little more responsibility.
    better than having too much to say about him because he receives no help. Hes so athletic, the pass blocking will come in time hes improved every week, i think he will turn into a dominant player, right now using him in a way hes most effective (with TE help and making him get to the second level as a run blocker) is very smart, better than what arians would do and put him one on one with the other teams best pass rusher and watching him get smoked

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Like I said in another thread, the only way this kid is going to get any good is with experience. I don't mind if Miller and Paulson help him out, both still got involved in the passing game, and the run game was much improved with the extra blockers. At least with Adams in there we aren't having Gilbert falling down and taking out the knees of our own players...
    Having Miller and Paulson stay in and help out Adams actually helped those guys get open because when they stayed in to help out and then sneak out into space, The Bengals didn't account for them in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Having Miller and Paulson stay in and help out Adams actually helped those guys get open because when they stayed in to help out and then sneak out into space, The Bengals didn't account for them in coverage.
    The exciting thing is. The offense was not hindered by having the extra TE at times to help Adams block.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Thoughts on Mike Adams?

Strong as a bull....but not quite as smart!

Veteran
    I thought he played pretty well. Could run block pretty good and with help, he was OK in the pass as well. I'm really happy with his game.

It'll take some time, but he's going to be a good one. He's got great feet for a big man and has the potential to dominate in the run game, which he showed flashes of last night. He just needs to get the mental aspects down.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    better than having too much to say about him because he receives no help. Hes so athletic, the pass blocking will come in time hes improved every week, i think he will turn into a dominant player, right now using him in a way hes most effective (with TE help and making him get to the second level as a run blocker) is very smart, better than what arians would do and put him one on one with the other teams best pass rusher and watching him get smoked
    This....Agree Ktrain........I want Mike Adams to play so the best way for him to improve is by playing.....I like Gilbert as well but wish he would just learn to stay on his feet better and quit taking his own teammates out.....lol

Thoughts on Mike Adams?

To me Adams is mean and Gilbert is "nice"... I like a mean mad tackle..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Grumpy
    The problem as I see it is we have two young promising Right Tackles, in time giving the edge to Adams(he should remain the starter)......Steelers need a solid Left Tackle, I am not sure either one of these guys can fit that bill, and we won't know until they get on the field in real Games.........Steelers may want to start using Adams at LT a few series when Gilbert is back and vice versa.......Oh and for all of the Legursky Haters.....The guy comes in and does what he is asked to do ...WITHOUT FAIL.....I don't see any drop off when he replaces the anointed "Glass Center"......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We need to use free agency to get a "for real" left tackle.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information