Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on last nights game...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Mellow

Thoughts on last nights game...

so i had a street hockey league game at 8:00 last night and missed the entire first quarter. when i got in my car to drive home, i turned on the radio right at the snap where ben threw an INT in the end zone.

then this is what i got to hear: INT by ben in endzone...bengals go 3 and out, steelers get a good punt return that gets called back on a penalty...ben fumbles inside the 10...bengals score a TD...steelers get a good kick return that gets called back on a penalty...steelers drive down the field, wallace drops pass in end zone (announcers talk about other drops in game), steelers settle for 3 points.

and as i'm driving home, i think to myself, this is the same ole, same ole!

i get home, turn on the game, and within a couple of plays, woodley comes up with a pick on a really weird play! from that moment on the steelers played football like the way they've played for years. THE STEELERS FINALLY SHOWED UP THIS SEASON!

the defense was dominate! ike and co, shut down AJ green! keenan lewis played the best game i've seen him play! the schemed looked different and it was refreshing to see. they were able to get off the field, and they held a 4th quarter lead. i enjoyed watching them play the way they did!

then there was the offense...ben looked like ben and that was awesome! finding heath and then heath again for the 2 point conversion!!!! AB, manny, and even wallace with some good catches in the second half and moving the chains.
    and j.dwyer did his best jerome bettis impersonation. man it was fun to watch.

and none of that could have been possible if it weren't for the o-line play. like i said, i didn't see most of the first half, but what i witnessed in the second half was great line play!!!

the coaches deserve a ton of credit as well. the play calling was fantastic! the defensive game plan was awesome! and the team, minus some early penalties and turnovers, looked prepared to play!!!

if this is the steelers team that shows up every weekend, then i will start to feel much, much better about this team! hopefully this win, will get this team going! but i was very impressed with how they played last night!!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

2nd String
    The first half was abysmal. They need to do that the entire game! Special Teams are far from "Special." I am pleased with the win.

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's always been a one half game for the Steelers. This season it's been the first half.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    The first half was pretty rough to watch. The drops by Wallace were frustrating and not to mention, the trick play when Antonio Brown threw a perfect pass to Baron Batch and he whiffs on it....need I say more? Then penalties were negating every good return we had on special teams. I was about ready to give up on this game but the turning point was the Woodley interception. It was a huge momentum swing and I can't even tell you how big it was for us to tie up the game at 14 before the half. We just came out in the second half and played Steeler football. I am so proud of Johnathon Dwyer, he gained my respect last night. My final thought is just congrats to the offensive line, they looked pretty good considering the injuries.

Thoughts on last nights game...

This team sucked *** early on, then some credit to DL and MT for making adjustments that actually worked.

I was cursing Haley then they started to commit to running the ball and it was working so I changed my tune.

A well needed win but they can do better. Take away the drops and ST penalties and this game isn't close.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Woodley had a great game.

Wallace continues to prove my suspicions that he is scared to catch the ball in traffic....he had a horrid game.

Special teams (the return teams) were totally self destructive.

Dwyer is not Bettis but he had a great game.

AB is still a stud!

Ike Taylor didn't give the Bengals any points! THAT"S HUGE!

We looked good (Steeler good) the second half!
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Dwyer just needs to play.. WJ 46 was ok too.

Why Hampton all game, when the center went down i thought 90 could be a good relief for hampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post

He did give up the Cincy TD to AJ Green off the turnover, but that was it. good coverage, just a great pass and catch.

Until the Center went out with an injury, Hampton was getting whipped on almost every play. Who's Cheerios did McClendon **** in to not see any playing time?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post

He did give up the Cincy TD to AJ Green off the turnover, but that was it. good coverage, just a great pass and catch.

Until the Center went out with an injury, Hampton was getting whipped on almost every play. Who's Cheerios did McClendon **** in to not see any playing time?

I was wondering why McLendon wasn't in also.

It was not good seeing Hood get destroyed the first TD drive. They ran over his side the whole time down there it seemed. And not stopping the run from a single back set?? I'm glad they made the adjustments after that quarter/half.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Thread Information