Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is There a storm brewing in Pittsburgh??

Bookmark and Share

Is There a storm brewing in Pittsburgh??

Reading this AM that Ben and Haley aren't getting along real well. Wallace isn't on the same page, Ben's missing reads, using old signals all of which is starting to take a toll.

Question is, if we lose this one will this team start coming apart at the seams??

2nd String
    If Wallace with 21 Catches 345 yards and 4 TD = Wallace not on the same page imagine what that means when he gets on the same page ... anyway that's a reach

Why all the hate for Wallace ... Motto of this season is "Pay That Man"

anyway to answer your question ... this team just isn't the best we've had ... There using Old schemes on defense w/ no pass rush even though they blitz like crazy ... the O-line is the most softest/ injury prone in the league

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wallace isn't happy because he doesn't have his new contract and because he's not getting every pass this year. That's the way he's always been. if you toss him 10 passes a game he's usually content but now that Ben is spreading the wealth he's getting 4 or 5 looks a game and that's not enough for him.

The Ben and Haley thing; I still think it's blown out of proportion. They've only played 5 games together and old habits die hard. In pressure situations your mind reverts back to what you've always known and for Ben that signals and calls that BA used. We all knew growing pains were going to be evident in this year especially in the first half of the season. As long as the offense can move the ball and score then the rest will work itself it out in time.

Now if they do lose this game coming up then we might see more grumbling. Larry Foote and Harrison have already stated publicly that the defense isn't playing well right now, perhaps getting closer to the panic button as a team, etc. The only way to stop that is to win this game and get some confidence back.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    If the team keeps losing it will become a big deal but winning cures all.......

BRC I just have to ask something.......Wouldn't keeping Wallace happy by getting him more involved in the offense be a good thing?.....He is the Steelers best and most talented WR.....I know AB fans hate hearing that........lol I like AB but the threat of Wallace deep is what opens up the offense for everybody else......I don't want to see the Steelers throw deep constantly like they did under BA but I do think more shots to Wallace down field should be called.....Against the Titans there was more deep shots called so hopefully that continues.....More shots down field should make things easier in the running game as well.....Of course getting some healthy RB's would be key also....lol
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 10-19-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Every single thing listed is/has been extremely blown out of proportion.

Everything is speculation and it's quite annoying. Every time we lose Ben and Haley hate eachother, Wallace is a selfish scrub, etc...

Where has there been any indication of any if that? And I'm starting to think people are hating on Wallace just for something to do. The man is having a good year, talking about winning a SB and not thinking about a contract, and still he's a selfish scrub.

No one says **** about Antonio Brown catching 4 balls for 20 yards last week. No one says anything about him catching +8 balls than Wallace but only 1 more receiving yard and 1 total TD (3 less than Wallace), that he fumbled and was lucky as hell to get back... And HE'S the one getting paid... Where's the logic?

My Mood
    Manic
    It sound like a bunch of excuses!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Every single thing listed is/has been extremely blown out of proportion.

Everything is speculation and it's quite annoying. Every time we lose Ben and Haley hate eachother, Wallace is a selfish scrub, etc...

Where has there been any indication of any if that? And I'm starting to think people are hating on Wallace just for something to do. The man is having a good year, talking about winning a SB and not thinking about a contract, and still he's a selfish scrub.

No one says **** about Antonio Brown catching 4 balls for 20 yards last week. No one says anything about him catching +8 balls than Wallace but only 1 more receiving yard and 1 total TD (3 less than Wallace), that he fumbled and was lucky as hell to get back... And HE'S the one getting paid... Where's the logic?
    Everytime AB makes a mistake I say something......For the reason like you said AB did get his contract and Wallace didn't.....I like AB but I will say it again Wallace should have received the contract first since he finds the endzone more then AB.......Its much easier to find a WR like AB then a Mike Wallace.......There are plenty of move the chain WR's out there but there isn't many WR's that have the speed of a Mike Wallace.......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Everytime AB makes a mistake I say something......For the reason like you said AB did get his contract and Wallace didn't.....I like AB but I will say it again Wallace should have received the contract first since he finds the endzone more then AB.......Its much easier to find a WR like AB then a Mike Wallace.......There are plenty of move the chain WR's out there but there isn't many WR's that have the speed of a Mike Wallace.......
    I know you've said ****, I just meant the non-"Wallace apologists"... But I definitely agree with everything you said.

Is There a storm brewing in Pittsburgh??

Honestly the last of my concerns is offense, I just found these articles interesting and it got me thinking.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Reading this AM that Ben and Haley aren't getting along real well. Wallace isn't on the same page, Ben's missing reads, using old signals all of which is starting to take a toll.

Question is, if we lose this one will this team start coming apart at the seams??
    So Ben is missing reads? That is Ben's fault for not being professional enough to learn the playbook properly. Ben received a 100 mil contract so as a professional he should take it upon himself to be a leader and learn the playbook inside out.

The game can be won at home in preparatory work. Ask Peyton Manning.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information