Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams, Steelers OL vs Bengals pass rush

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question Mike Adams, Steelers OL vs Bengals pass rush

This is going to be a trial by fire for Adams over at RT. The Bengals are going to put Dunlap on Adams all day long if or until the Steelers prove they can stop it. How much faith you have in Adams to stop a guy like Dunlap, well that's a different story.

Look for a Tight End over there to help Adams, or move a sidecar out to chip Dunlap if he gets by Adams.

If I'm the Steelers and I'm going to run, I go right at Dunlap. The best way to beat a pass rush is a good run game and quick passes, we all know that. Running away from an athletic lineman or linebacker isn't nearly as effective as when you take your FB and run him right him with a pulling Guard.

Now Colon is having some issues right now with holding and getting out in space, so that bears watching too.

I was listening to our friend Lance Williams on SteelRadio who was talking about this subject in one of his recent podcasts. While I agree that Haley needs to concentrate on keeping Ben protected; a gameplan that involves the quick passing game, and moving Ben around when he does have to hold onto the ball (rollouts) can wear down the Bengals defense and still keep the maximum targets available to Ben.

My prediction is: Mike Adams + Bengals pass rush = toast

But we'll see

As you put it, as long as there is a sidecar there to chip Dunlap, Adams will be OK. Colon on the other hand is useless so far. He can't pull worth a diddly, and gets dominated in pass protection.

Some said on other posts, quick releases, screens (great neutralizer for pass rush) will definitely halp the Steelers. Heath wil lshow up HUGE in this game.

Mike Adams, Steelers OL vs Bengals pass rush

I keep hoping one of the young guys we have steps up and earns a starting spot..

My Mood
    Manic
    I think he will be ok it's not like he's a **** prospect he was the 2nd or 3rd best tackle in the draft.So i'm betting he has progressed a lot since that Pre season game at Philly.

I would like to see Rainey or Batch in those short patterns out in space those will be game breakers
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 10-18-2012 at 08:18 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is a huge chance for Adams, he's either going to have a good game or fall flat on his face and get owned. For Ben's sake let's hope he can stand up to the strength and quick moves of Dunlap. I wouldn't be surprised if they go right at Dunlap early with the run game and see how it goes. Might as well find out right away.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Adams hasn't shown me squat since he's been here. 3rd or 4th best T in the draft?? LMFAO!
    He still looks lost and probably **** himself when he had to go into the last game.
    I watched him repeatedly just desperation dive at the DE's feet just about every snap.
    Does he think he's playing Guard? Guards might be able to get away with that move
    but Tackles need to set and stand up to the outside rush. He better improve or it's
    going to look like a stampede coming around his end.

Mike Adams, Steelers OL vs Bengals pass rush

Adams sucked the first few plays but I thought he ended the game doing well..

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Adams has to learn somehow.....Only way he does is by playing...Of course there is going to be growing pains but lets just hope he doesn't get Ben killed.....

My Mood
    Manic
    Look Adams was way better than Gilbert in college he will be ok .he hasn't shown squat because he hasn't had any chances and that diving you saw was a type of block a technique ,yes he didn't execute it properly but i think he will be a left tackle next year

P.S Tackles shouldn't stand up they should bend to keep there pad level low
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 10-19-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Thread Information