Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Bengals - a shootout?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers vs Bengals - a shootout?

There's an article on the homepage that is going up this morning which talks about, among other things, the lack of defense in the AFC North. Last year everyone was ranked in the top 10, now nobody is playing even close to that.

So this game coming up I'm thinking could potentially be a shoot out. The Bengals defense couldn't stop the Browns of all people, and we can't stop anyone in the 2nd half so why not?

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel

Could very well happen however I'm hoping our Defense shows up.

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Call me a hopeless optimist but I think this will be one of those break out games where everything looks good and we annihilate the Bengals.

The titans were allowing 31+ points per game and we couldn't win that game in a SO I'd say this game will be a blow out either way/ team..

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think its going to be a shoot out no doubt.......Team with the ball last will win this game.....I don't see the Steelers defense stopping the Bengals passing game at all.......Only reason the Bengals might win in a blow out is due to the Steelers OL......If the banged up OL can protect Ben then I do think the Steelers passing game will keep pace.....

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The titans were allowing 31+ points per game and we couldn't win that game in a SO I'd say this game will be a blow out either way/ team..
    I never base anything off past games this is the NFL and anything can happen. Just cause so and so did whatever does not mean the same the following week

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    We just have too many injuries to make me feel confident about the offense scoring enough points to stay in a game if it is a high-scoring affair. If we are going to win, it will be because the defense does actually show up and create turnovers.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Starter
    Yes, a shootout. I say we win 13 - 9!

Honestly, I have no idea. At this point, nothing surprises me.

All I know is that our O line is horrible and their D line is great at rushing the passer. Screens and quick passes are a must. With Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap, and Geno Atkins rushing the passer, Mike Adams at RT and our guard situation (not to mention possibility of no Pouncey), it could be a long, long game for Ben.

If Ben can get any time at all, the offense should be able to put up 30+, I just don't see Ben getting enough time.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I think its going to be a shoot out no doubt.......Team with the ball last will win this game.....I don't see the Steelers defense stopping the Bengals passing game at all.......Only reason the Bengals might win in a blow out is due to the Steelers OL......If the banged up OL can protect Ben then I do think the Steelers passing game will keep pace.....

I have to think that Haley is going to call a lot of quick passes to keep the pressure off Ben. With Mendenhall banged up how much can you count on the run game to offset the pass rush? The banged up patchwork OL is going to have it's hands full but the Bengals defense is struggling too so it's not as if they are elite by any stretch.

It can be done but this hanging in the pocket for 10 minutes isn't going to cut it; snap it and get rid of it.

Thread Information