Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Lebeau put Ike Taylor on AJ Green

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I would put Lewis on Green Press and beat Greens *** badly at the LOS.......Over the top with the safety.....

Put Lewis on AJ. I want to see what Lewis is really like against the elite. At the same time it could be a wakeup call for Ike to step his game up if he wants to cover the elite receivers down the stretch. I want to see what Lewis has to offer against probaby one of the top 5 receivers in the game.

Ike can't cover a single bed with a king sized sheet. Green will torch his arse. I heard on Sirius NFL that last year Ike was the best coverage corner in the league regular season, statistically. WTF happened???

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    They better put a safety over the top to help him. Atleast 90% of the time. Green just destroyed Haden of the Browns. So Ike Taylor would be nothing but a Scoobie snack to him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Just have to be physical with him off the LOS and chuck him every chance you get. And just hope on the front end of the defense, they apply SOME pressure to force Carrot Top to throw the ball earlier than he wants to. Without any pressure, Mel Blount couldn't cover a WR for 5 or 6 seconds.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    They better put a safety over the top to help him. Atleast 90% of the time. Green just destroyed Haden of the Browns. So Ike Taylor would be nothing but a Scoobie snack to him.
    LOL, Damn

Tomlin challenged Ike Taylor this week, maybe he'll respond........with a few less PI's...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Steelers maligned cornerback Ike Taylor isn’t lacking confidence, that’s for sure.

Taylor said that he will follow Cincinnati star receiver A.J. Green all over the field Sunday night despite Taylor’s recent troubles covering anybody let alone what he calls a top three receiver in the league.

“Probably so,” Taylor said about following around Green. “That’s the challenge that I look up to. That’s the challenge I want every week regardless of who we play.”

But surely Taylor will get safety help from either Ryan Clark or Will Allen, right?
    “I haven’t been asking for it,” Taylor said. “I am not looking for it. I am just going to hold my end.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...-on-a-j-green/
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-18-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Steelers maligned cornerback Ike Taylor isn’t lacking confidence, that’s for sure.

Taylor said that he will follow Cincinnati star receiver A.J. Green all over the field Sunday night despite Taylor’s recent troubles covering anybody let alone what he calls a top three receiver in the league.

“Probably so,” Taylor said about following around Green. “That’s the challenge that I look up to. That’s the challenge I want every week regardless of who we play.”

But surely Taylor will get safety help from either Ryan Clark or Will Allen, right?
    “I haven’t been asking for it,” Taylor said. “I am not looking for it. I am just going to hold my assigned reciever.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...-on-a-j-green/
    Sorry
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The runningback situation is horrid in Bengal land. BJG is a downgrade from what they had last year with Benson. So..we don't need a safety to come down into the box against the run. With that said, we need to keep that safety over the top against Green. Period.

Ike need never to have to go complete one on one with Green. We have to learn from what other teams have done: If Haden couldn't handle him one on one, there is no WAY that Ike can.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Does Lebeau put Ike Taylor on AJ Green

Gruden and fire patch will come out throwing, and throwing right at Ike, 20 bucks says Ike has a PI call with in the first 2 minutes of the game...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information