Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Lebeau put Ike Taylor on AJ Green

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Question Does Lebeau put Ike Taylor on AJ Green

Based on how Ike Taylor has been playing this year so far and how the Bengals AJ Greene has been playing, does Dick Lebeau dare leave Taylor one on one withe Green all day?

I think you're just asking for trouble if you try and cover him one on one anytime unless you have a Revis type corner on your team. Green has 43 catches for 628 yds and 6 TD's. He had 7 catches last week in their loss to the Browns.

Maybe this is the week that Taylor gets his act together and surprises us with no PI or Holding penalties. I'm not banking on that though and if I'm Lebeau I am going to have to roll Clark over there for help or at least Will Allen. You can't take the chance that the pass rush will get there because Dalton has a knack for finding Greene right now and if he is able to get a pass off to him I'm not confident our secondary can keep up at all.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by CowherPower View Post
    Based on how Ike Taylor has been played this year so far and how the Bengals AJ Greene has been playing, does Dick Lebeau dare leave Taylor one on one withe Green all day?

I think you're just asking for trouble if you try and cover him one on one anytime unless you have a Revis type corner on your team. Green has 43 catches for 628 yds and 6 TD's. He had 7 catches last week in their loss to the Browns.

Maybe this is the week that Taylor gets his act together and surprises us with no PI or Holding penalties. I'm not banking on that though and if I'm Lebeau I am going to have to roll Clark over there for help or at least Will Allen. You can't take the chance that the pass rush will get there because Dalton has a knack for finding Greene right now and if he is able to get a pass off to him I'm not confident our secondary can keep up at all.
    I made one minor modification to your OP...sorry.

I don't think it matters.....the secret is out and I'll bet even that dumbass Marvin Lewis will have figured it out!

"throw the ball at Ike for a new series of downs"
    Last edited by Stone; 10-17-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Does Lebeau put Ike Taylor on AJ Green

Green will be licking his chops..

If Tomlin has any balls, he has been preaching to Ike all week

"SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO WITHIN THE RULES"

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    If Tomlin has any balls, he has been preaching to Ike all week

"SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO WITHIN THE RULES"
    @EdBouchette: Tomlin on CB Ike Taylor: "He needs to get back to playing good, sound football.''

Does Lebeau put Ike Taylor on AJ Green

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    @EdBouchette: Tomlin on CB Ike Taylor: "He needs to get back to playing good, sound football.''
    This!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Grumpy
    I would not put him on Green......Actually I wouldn't put him on the field, kinda like Cowher did........Lit a fire under his ***......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The alternative to that would be putting Lewis or Allen up against Green, so pick your poison. Inexperience and upside vs Experience and struggling. I would probably have to see that Taylor is the only real option Tomlin has if he has to go one on one against Green. Even if he does give Taylor help there will be times during blitzes or other schemes where Taylor is going to have to hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The alternative to that would be putting Lewis or Allen up against Green, so pick your poison. Inexperience and upside vs Experience and struggling. I would probably have to see that Taylor is the only real option Tomlin has if he has to go one on one against Green. Even if he does give Taylor help there will be times during blitzes or other schemes where Taylor is going to have to hold up.
    This is a good point. I think, though, that what is unanswered for me is whether or not Ike is truly washed up, or has he just developed incredibly bad habits of holding and mauling receivers? As long as he keeps holding and mauling we will never know for sure.

Rookie Free Agent
    i hpoe so. a.j. is on my fantasy team

Thread Information