Thread: Jim Haslam approved as Browns new owner, Holmgren retiring, and Eco Dome coming to Brown stadium

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Jim Haslam approved as Browns new owner, Holmgren retiring, and Eco Dome coming to Brown stadium

These aren't the same old Cleveland Browns any more folks... well ok yes they are. I will say that Haslam is probably their best chance in decades to finally get pointed in the right direction. He cares about football and cares about improving the team in addition to trying to find ways to increase the income of that team and their stadium.

Joe Banner is the new CEO; Holmgren will be forced to retire.

Also, was talking to a buddy of mine who said that Haslam is considering an Eco Dome for the stadium so it can be used year around for other events besides football. Basically a gigantic dome that is free standing and built around the current stadium.

More info: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...browns-stadium

A lid on the Browns stadium? Do they make toilet seats that big?

My Mood
    Addicted
    ^^^LMAO^^^
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I get what Haslam wants to do, trying to increase revenue and all that. Nobody wants to have an outside event in January in Cleveland. Still though, those games in the ice and snow and cold are legendary to the NFL and the AFC North specifically.

The dome is a way to try to get the Super Bowl in Cleveland.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    This guy seems to have all the right tools and ideas. He is VERY visible here in Northeast Ohio and my fiance works for Al Lerner's wife and Mrs. Lerner had a party to introduce Haslem to Cleveland's finest (oxymoron) and met him in the process; she says he is very sincere and engaging. However, it's still Cleveland and developing a solid team in Cleveland is like inserting a squeaky clean business man in to the mafia......it aint gonna work. His only chance of long term success is to come out and state the truth......."The Browns fans and media need to STFU and give him 5 years to fix the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL in one of the most dysfunctional cities in America". I don't see him doing it.

Thread Information