• Always Expecting Excellence?

20 90.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Steelers Fans...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Are Steelers Fans...

Are Steelers fans never happy or used to excellence?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

That's a tough one. I'd say both lol.

Are Steelers Fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Are Steelers fans never happy or used to excellence?
    Happy! The problem is we hold this team much higher than maybe play at times. Truth is injuries and poor drafts are finally catching up! Now we as fans are having a hard time accepting this!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I hold this team to a High Standard year after year. Kind of like Yankee fans do with there baseball team. Well, I should say I expect them to play hard/passionate and solid football every year.

spoiled no doubt but never happy....and theres no reason to be happy right now, but its a young season with an awful lot of teams in the same situation

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel

Are Steelers Fans...

We Steeler fans EXPECT nothing but the best from this team after we are Champions and Champions should know how to WIN all the time no matter what or why or how

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Happy! The problem is we hold this team much higher than maybe play at times. Truth is injuries and poor drafts are finally catching up! Now we as fans are having a hard time accepting this!
    This.....No doubt the Steelers success has spoiled us but at the same time its the right of the fan to complain if he or she chooses when the team stinks up the joint.....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    spoiled no doubt but never happy....and theres no reason to be happy right now, but its a young season with an awful lot of teams in the same situation
    In the AFC especially....Never have seen a season like this....Its going to be crazy the rest of the way......

My Mood
    Mellow
    if we are talking in generalities i would say that most steelers fans are always expecting excellence, while a smaller contingent is never happy.

for me, i'm a realist when it comes to the steelers. i can look at them without homer glasses and say i'm happy with this or not happy with that. this year, i don't expect excellence because i know how talent-poor we are on defense. that is mainly the front office's fault. but i also see that they could take a chance and try some of the other players like heyward and mcclendon more, and that is the coach's fault.

i touched on this in another thread, but i think that our conditioning program is way below average. 5 of the last 6 games we have given up a fourth quarter lead. that goes beyond X's and O's...our players are older, fatter, slower, and more prone to injury. now the injury thing is not all on conditioning, but it does play a big part.

so, when you see a team, that could be good enough to be an upper-echelon team, loose to teams like the raiders and titans, while having leads in the fourth quarter... i can say that i am not happy with their play.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Social Networks

Follow Steveo On Twitter Add Steveo on Facebook
    I definately feel we as fans are spoiled, and we are passionate about our team.

Thread Information