• Never Happy?

2 9.09%
  • Always Expecting Excellence?

20 90.91%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Steelers Fans...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    No doubt the Steelers success has spoiled us but at the same time its the right of the fan to complain if he or she chooses when the team stinks up the joint.....
    Everyone has a right to complain and criticize the team. Unfortunately there are some who go way over board with their comments. Luckily we have an ignore button that works very well so you don't have to read the nonsense! Except when someone quotes them.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Everyone has a right to complain and criticize the team. Unfortunately there are some who go way over board with their comments. Luckily we have an ignore button that works very well so you don't have to read the nonsense! Except when someone quotes them.
    AMEN TO THAT LARRY

Waterboy
    Overall I am very happy to be a Steeler fan. The history of the team, the championships, the fact that no matter what city I'm in at the time I can always find a Steeler bar I can catch the game at and meet up with a bunch of fellow traveling or former yinzers.

I'm not happy with the way the team is preforming so far this year no. They aren't executing very well at all and the lost games prove it so sure some of us fans are complaining.
    If complaining meant that someone lost their membership in Steeler nation then only those who drink black and gold Kool Aid
    and blame every loss on everything and anybody except our team would be members.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Are Steelers fans never happy or used to excellence?
    Not quite! I am always happy as a Steeler fan and I always expect excellence.............until this year

My Mood
    Clowns
    Definitely need a both option on this one. I think the two go hand in hand. We are always expecting excellence and when we don't get it we aren't happy. This year and last year especially we are most definitely not happy.

We've been spoiled for so long with competitive teams, save the occasional bad year, that when things go south for a prolonged period of time we raise the roof in disgust.

Passionate probably sums up the two options in the poll equally.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Knowing how a Brown's fan feels all the time. It sucks.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Expecting excellence.

our bad years are some teams highest expectations. to be honest i wouldnt mind seeing a 3-13 year. get some good draft picks for once.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Never would i wish the steelers such a terrible record. doubt we'll see it. Dont like the losers mentality, "we need draftpicks". We aren't Browns fans. Worst record we've had was 5-11 in 1988, the bubby brister era since the 1-13 season of 1969.

The Steelers are much like the Yankees in baseball. We have expectations.show me a good loser and ill show you a loser.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Devilish
    dont make the mistake of confusing "wouldnt mind seeing" with "wishing for". but, since you want to bring up that '69 season, try this on for size. in '68 the team went 2-11-1 which gave the Steelers the ability to draft DT Mean Joe Green, LT Jon Kolb, and DE LC Greenwood, all of which were integral parts of the Steelers team that sets the standard we hold so dear now. that 2-11-1 season also brought about a coaching change which gave us Chuck Knoll. the following season going 1-13 gave us Terry Bradshaw and Mel Blount. after that it was 5-9 for Jack Ham, followed in 72 by franco harris which is the first time they even had a winning record during that time period.

people like you would be whimpering and crying about how "this is unacceptable" and telling people like me, who aren't as "fair weather" as you are, that we arent "real" fans. it seems to me that if people like you had your way youd be happier going 5-11 forever rather than have a couple bad years and come back as the greatest dynasty ever to hit the nfl.

you rage and point fingers and shake your fists with your nose stuck in the air when things are going badly, i shrug and say "maybe next year". and i like it that way. would i prefer that they win? of course. am i going to lose my **** if they lose? hell no. im black and gold till the day i die whether theyre 16-0 or 0-16. there is NO shame in my game, seems to me you cant say the same.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    whatever dude. drafting order hasn't been the issue. Just bad draft picks. So far the guys that we've drafted in recent years have not pawned out. Steelers have gotten many good draft picks under Cowher, even when they werent drafting #1 or even in the top ten. The Steelers suffered badly in the 1980's because of there success in the 70's. But this was before free agency. Steelers almost never use free agency anymore. Remember they got Bettis for almost nothing. They've gotten other players, will wolford, James Farrior from f/A. The draft and drafting order are not the only means for upgrade your team anymore.

The stars and vets are getting older and under Tomlin they have not done a great job at replacing them. So finishing 1-15 or 3-13 isn't necessarilty gonna solve our issues. In pittsburgh, 8-8 is a bad season.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information